Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 94 type 2 ecu work on a 95 type 2 without problems? both automatic coupes.
what are the implications of doing this other than having an older ECU in my car? i need to know so i can send out an ecu to get the bayou chip done. i'd like to minimize ecu swaps so i thought i could just send in the 94 ecu in and keep my 95 ecu as is until i get the bayou back. what do you guys think? any help will be appreciated.
-j

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
As long as it is LS to LS, and L to L. And Sedan to Sedan, and Coupe to Coupe. You can actually use the LS Coupes ECU in the L Coupe, but not the other way around. You can't use a GS Sedan ECU in an LS Coupe either, but a GS Sedan ECU can run in a L Coupe, and so forth. One of the main things is if the car has TCS or not. The TYPE II L Coupes do not have TCS.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
ChrisK, that sounds so freakin complicated. LOL
What's the difference in the ECUs in California Legends? What do they do to the emissions? If they have tighter controls, would that affect performance?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
ChrisK said:
As long as it is LS to LS, and L to L. And Sedan to Sedan, and Coupe to Coupe. You can actually use the LS Coupes ECU in the L Coupe, but not the other way around. You can't use a GS Sedan ECU in an LS Coupe either, but a GS Sedan ECU can run in a L Coupe, and so forth. One of the main things is if the car has TCS or not. The TYPE II L Coupes do not have TCS.
Chris,

Shouldn't the GS ECU be interchangable with the LS Coupe's ECU being that they are basically the same car?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't know if the 94 ecu is from an ls coupe but i know it's from a coupe and it's type 2. do you think it's from a 94 ls coupe?
-j

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
its from a type 2 coupe auto, look on your ecu and see if what numbers you see after PX9 -???

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
LegendGS said:

Chris,

Shouldn't the GS ECU be interchangable with the LS Coupe's ECU being that they are basically the same car?
That is what I thought, but the 94 GS Sedan ECU did not work in my 95 LS Coupe. It ran the car okay, but it keept shutting down the TCS system. 2 things could have been the cause. Either the ECUs are different in some way, or the place I bought the 94 GS Sedan ECu from sold me the wrong ECU :( I ended up selling it a while ago, and I advertised it as a GS ECU and no one has complained to me yet, so who knows what I had :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts