Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 94 type 2 ecu work on a 95 type 2 without problems? both automatic coupes.
what are the implications of doing this other than having an older ECU in my car? i need to know so i can send out an ecu to get the bayou chip done. i'd like to minimize ecu swaps so i thought i could just send in the 94 ecu in and keep my 95 ecu as is until i get the bayou back. what do you guys think? any help will be appreciated.
-j

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
As long as it is LS to LS, and L to L. And Sedan to Sedan, and Coupe to Coupe. You can actually use the LS Coupes ECU in the L Coupe, but not the other way around. You can't use a GS Sedan ECU in an LS Coupe either, but a GS Sedan ECU can run in a L Coupe, and so forth. One of the main things is if the car has TCS or not. The TYPE II L Coupes do not have TCS.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
ChrisK said:
As long as it is LS to LS, and L to L. And Sedan to Sedan, and Coupe to Coupe. You can actually use the LS Coupes ECU in the L Coupe, but not the other way around. You can't use a GS Sedan ECU in an LS Coupe either, but a GS Sedan ECU can run in a L Coupe, and so forth. One of the main things is if the car has TCS or not. The TYPE II L Coupes do not have TCS.
Chris,

Shouldn't the GS ECU be interchangable with the LS Coupe's ECU being that they are basically the same car?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LegendGS said:

Chris,

Shouldn't the GS ECU be interchangable with the LS Coupe's ECU being that they are basically the same car?
That is what I thought, but the 94 GS Sedan ECU did not work in my 95 LS Coupe. It ran the car okay, but it keept shutting down the TCS system. 2 things could have been the cause. Either the ECUs are different in some way, or the place I bought the 94 GS Sedan ECu from sold me the wrong ECU :( I ended up selling it a while ago, and I advertised it as a GS ECU and no one has complained to me yet, so who knows what I had :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.