Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about this, does the ECU regulate the Legend's power when it is cold? I usually warm it up for about 3-5minutes. Today I had to leave in a hurry (lil bro was late to school), and only managed to warm it up for a minute. It felt a little sluggish, heavy-like, until about 2minutes after, then it was back to its' powerful old self.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Dont be baggin' your legend when it is cold out. Let it fully warm up to operating temperature, and then some before you start giving it gas (good amounts). I dont even think you need to warm it up for as long as you do. The owners manual says to get in your car and drive it. Personally I let the RPM's drop below 1k rpms and then get going. Now that I have a manual, I notice that the shifts are very rough in the cold... but when it gets warmer they get back to normal...:)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah, it probably all sorts of egr/choke/emmissions stuff going to work on the cold engine. Just drive it below 3k RPM for the first few minutes, and it'll be fine.

I know what you mean Mckenzie about teh shifts ... the 1-2 shift sucks, and I'm in Ottawa ... can't imagine what it like in ass-cold Calgary :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
HAHA...

Yeah... were in a deep freeze right now and it really sucks. We have already got about 1/2 a foot of snow, and its supposed to be -24C by 4:00 this afternoon. It is going to snow all week, and get down to -32C thursday night, plus the wind chill...AHHHHHHH.
Snow is expected all week and so are the north pole temperatures..... dont worry though, you should be getting it by early next week:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts