Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
legend ecu

how you all doing today,ok ,I need some help here I changed from 2.5 to 2.7 now my question is would the car start with the 2.5 computer or not and do have to change the 2.5 ecu to 2.7 one .thank you for all your help to keep the legend on the road

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Re: legend ecu

terry said:
how you all doing today,ok ,I need some help here I changed from 2.5 to 2.7 now my question is would the car start with the 2.5 computer or not and do have to change the 2.5 ecu to 2.7 one .thank you for all your help to keep the legend on the road
If you used the c25 wiring harness under the hood then your 25ecu will start the car.

If you changed the harness under the hood, then you use the 27...25 MIGHT work, & if it did i dont know if perf would be up to snuff

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can but you need to swap a bunch of stuff. There was thread a few weeks back entitled 2.5 to 2.7 swap. To use the 2.5 computer, you need to swap distributor, manifolds, a sensor under the cam etc. That thread had a good amount of detail.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my problem is that the car will try to start and it sound like it does not have any gas but that what it sounds like after i took the one plug out it was wet with gas so i replaced them all and the same thing happened again i tried few distributors and wires with no luck,I got it to start one time but it sounded bad then it stopped,also when i try to start it smoke comes up from the front of the engine i think its coming from the exaust but i m not sure,I know that gas gets to the engine i verified that,i m thinking about changing to the 2.7 ecu or the black box that has all those hoses going to it because i believe it contols the ignition,any information would be great and i want to thank the brothers who replied

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looking at your old posts about this....

Did you install the crank angle sensor from the old 2.5L along with the 2.5L distributor? The sensor goes under the front camshaft pulley. Knowing little about the 2.7L, I have been told that they use a significantly different system to control the distributor - would well explain your problems, timing way off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thing you are correct you have a point there I will try to do that this weekend but I need the instruction on how to do it because i dont want to bend the valves if i screw up the timing belt,I know that you have to take the cover to see the upper pulley then take off the bolts and the crank angle sensor would right thereso my question is after replacing it and putting the belt back in would that changed the timing I m really afraid to put the belt wrong.I will be happy if the problem is only the crank angle sensor because i have 2 of them that i know there are good

·
Registered
400 Posts
the ecu is the computer unit that feeds off sensors all around the engine and car. there are different ecu depending on transmission but other than that i think they are the same...im not sure what ur trying to ask.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ref: instructions for changing the crank angle sensor.. I would highly recommend purchasing a manual and following it, this is not a trivial job once the engine is in the car. Basically, you have to pull the timing belt and then the forward cam sprocket and the sensor is under there. There are a lot of steps to it especially when it comes to reinstalling the timing belt.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok I changed the crank angle sensor it was easy but guess what the **** thing still does the same thing it would not start ,it sounded like there is no gas but I m sure that the engine get gas to me its an electrical problem any more ideas guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts