Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehehehehe!

today, around 5:30pm, my 5-speed drove it's 400000th mile! it had been a personal goal of mine to see this car pass the 400 mark and hey, it's not a bad feeling to finally accomplish it :) while not without problems and an occasional worry here or there, it's taken me to work and back for a whole year and while significantly lacking in power compared to my auto, it still gets good mileage.

a seafoam treatment on sunday seems to have banished the lifter tick and i've been enjoying a bit more zip in both my rides.

fyi, my auto is like 50 miles from hitting the 300000 mile mark and its funny how both my cars were manufactured on the same year, same month with the only differences being the color and the transmission.

but yeah, it's about time i stopped holding on to petty prides and looked into getting a new engine and tranny for my baby. what do you guys think is a good price for both?

anyhow, just wanted to update. long live the legends!!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Wow!!!! That's big. very BIG.

I think you can find some JDM C27's on ebay from time to time, sometimes with the trans. I'm not sure about prices but I'm sure others know.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
nice to know I got plenty of miles left to go!! congrats on the milestone, you gonna try for 500000?
Yea I say go for the half million mark and in the meantime take your time sourcing a good motor/trans setup for the car!! Congrats!!! At the rate I drive my Legend it will take me only 38.5 years to catch up with you (I need to do 270,000 miles @ 7000 per year) :giggle:

My Saab has 213K and I'm hoping to take her to 500K on the original motor/trans!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
very nice job. great to see a legend with that kind of mileage.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
WOW!!! that is awesome ee :thumbsup:

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
congrats man, and i thought tyson had the most mileage.

looks like tyson needs to make a few trips to alaska.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
today, around 5:30pm, my 5-speed drove it's 400000th mile!

but yeah, it's about time i stopped holding on to petty prides and looked into getting a new engine and tranny for my baby. what do you guys think is a good price for both?
Daaaaamn! Congratulations!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I paid $600 shipped for my engine. I'd say somewhere in the ballpark of $800 shipped for the combination?

One thing to keep in mind: most of these JDM engines are literally chopped out of the cars. Someone basically just takes a machete to the wiring harness until they can lift the engine out. You can reuse your USDM wiring harness, but it'll require some slight modifications.

I think you can find some JDM C27's on ebay from time to time, sometimes with the trans. I'm not sure about prices but I'm sure others know.
Yessurrrr. eBay ftw!

Yea I say go for the half million mark and in the meantime take your time sourcing a good motor/trans setup for the car!!
+1 on that for suuuuuure.

That's a pretty solid price. I wouldn't pay a dime over $600USD for the engine + S&H.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Daaaamn!!! Now those are crazy milage lol. You should try to hit 500,000 miles.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hehe thanx. i really, REALLY wish i had the means to do rebuilds and such myself. it would be a fun project and a good learning experience but alas, no.
i asked a mech today and he told me its cheaper to go jdm than to rebuild. and that its $1500 for a tranny swap (with new clutch) and $3500 for tranny and engine (with new timing belt/water pump). he told me he won't accept car parts i provide even if i brought it to his doorstep cuz he wants to avoid any problems that may occur afterward. he will insure his own work and parts that he provides himself.

originally, i thought $3500 was kinda steep but on second thought, i'm practically getting a whole new car so...hmm

and yeah, thanks again, everyone. this car will go on for many more miles. i just wanted to keep that "original engine/tranny" title but that requires more than what i can offer so oh well...

·
489,000 km's stil going
1,014 Posts
Congrats, 473,000 (km's though) myself, I thought i was doing good and trying to catch you. Crap!

It does not run like a car with that mileage on it. Every time I look at the odometer it's so strange. I remember saying good bye to other cars I owned long before that number. The car just runs with no surprises.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts