Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Ive been on this topic a millon times, but its been awhile since ive messed with this thing. I was thinking of removing my egr valve. Someone has told me that the valve and the thermovalve are connected together with the vacuum lines which would probably explain why the car goes out of overdrive when the code comes on. Ive heard of some deleting the egr valve. If anyone knows, is there another step beside just putting the blocking plate on and if deleting it will work. If not is there still a link to the diag tree for code 12.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I don't have an EGR valve. It will affect your emissions scores so that's usually the inhibiting factor for most people. I had a mechanic do it though, so I don't know how what the process is exactly. =/

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya im in the tidewater area of Va. We dont have emissions so I was gonna give it a try and see where it takes me. If I dont get it right ill just follow the diag process. I tried looking for that today and couldnt find it so im a try again. Thanks murderotica. Hey if you ever see your machanic again can you ask what he did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts