Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Jetdoc said:
Vavle cover leaking maybe?
Yes that might be the problem ! -Mike

To BRU32: Could you please more specify where it leaks exactly? Any pics would be good. Ahh wait. I think it would be better to show you a pic about our Engine. Then you can tell us where it leaks, ok? -Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys. I will take some pics and post them as soon as my wife brings my camera back. She and some friends are having a going away party at some reasturant. Atleast that's what she told me...

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Hmm, I saw you pics. They are lil bit blurred but I can see where your prob is. Esp the last pic: EGR Valve. Your EGR Filter and that oil on the bottom. The EGR system can't leak itself. The EGR system contains valves, vacuum hoses and sensors. Did you know, that the EGR system is designed to reducing oxides of nitrogen emissions by recirculating exhaust gas thru the EGR valve and the intake manifold into the combustion chambers. It's composed of the EGR Valve, CVC Valve, EGR Solenoid Valve, ECU and various sensors. All functions are controlled by the ECU.
Example: If there is an error inside your EGR system, a blinking code appears in the Check Engine Light. Most likely code 12.

In other words: There is no place where oil is leaking or might leak. Know what I mean? The EGR valve itself contains a gasket, but it makes no sense to replace that. Probably your problem is that, what JetDoc said: Oil squirts somewhere out - maybe the valve cover seal? Did you check that? -Mike

BTW: Is that normal that MSN work sooo slowly? I have TDSL with 1536 KBit/s. But to open some pics needs to get a coffee :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Egr

After further investigation I think you guys are correct. There is definitely some oil leakage at the rear end of the valve cover.

Next question: Is this a job that a novice like myself could handle? The last time I changed one it was on a pontiac sunbird (pretty simple.)

Any further help or advice would be greatley appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.