Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked before with no success and I am hoping that the last time I ask I will get some advice and input from fellow Legend forumors.
First off I have had this for a while and it is damn right annoying and it pisses me off!!!!
The driver side door light and the passanger side door light won't turn off!!! They stay on even when I turn the car off and they don't fade off like they are supposed to!!! The rear door lights and the dome lights fade out like they are supposed to but the two front door lights don't they just stay on eternally untill the bulb or battery dies out!!!!!!!I removed the bulbs so the bulbs won't burn out and the battery won't die but what do I do. I heard from asking this before that it may be due to the ICU. How come it's the two front and not anyother bulbs????/ This is what has me because where in the car do the bulb wiring come in contact. Please Help and tell me everyhting that you know!!!Thanks..

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
OK, here's what I know based on my car.

I believe that the front door and footwell lights are on a seperate (courtesy light) circuit. When my ICU went bad, those lights would not go off. We found out later, after a bit of troubleshooting that it was the ICU.

It hasn't been replaced yet, though I have ICU. I just need to go back to the shop to have it put in.

In the mean time, they by-passed that circuit and tied it in with the dome light. Don't know exactly how though.

PS. If you do have courtesy lights, check to make sure that your courtesy light dimmer isn't turned all the way up as that will keep the lights on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts