Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done fixing my blown head gaskets. The car started fine and the engine runs. The problem I am having is with my temp gauge and gas gauge and the fans none of them are working. The thing is they all worked before I worked on the car. I currently have my blower motor out of my car right now because I am replacing it. Could it be possible that having the blower motor out is affecting the electrical problems I am having? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just got done fixing my blown head gaskets. The car started fine and the engine runs. The problem I am having is with my temp gauge and gas gauge and the fans none of them are working. The thing is they all worked before I worked on the car. I currently have my blower motor out of my car right now because I am replacing it. Could it be possible that having the blower motor out is affecting the electrical problems I am having? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Did you reconnect the wiring harness' by the blower house(sans the blower wires of course). I know that the fan control unit is located in that region so the wiring harness should be around there for that one. At one point my car had lost the 12v for the clock/radio(I just supplied 12v from somewhere else in the mean time). I looked at the schematics and traced the problem to a lose wire in that wiring harness located by the blower.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That sounds like a disconnected ground. It is very easy to not attach grounds after major work on an engine. I know since I have done it a few times myself on all my Hondas.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That sounds like a disconnected ground. It is very easy to not attach grounds after major work on an engine. I know since I have done it a few times myself on all my Hondas.
From my understanding if he were having starting or idling issues(you know engine problems), then it could mean disconnected or bad ground. If his fans will not come on even with his AC on then it's either the fan contorl unit is defective or the wiring harness could be disconnected(he did state removing his blower housing), that is unless he just cut the wires at the fans themselves.

Also in my previous post I state that due to a wire at the harness by the blower housing my clock/radio was not working right. This alone would lead me to believe that there is a strong possibility that other components on the dash(ie cluster) might be routed throught there as well.

Check fuses first though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I figured out the problem it had to do with the wiring harness. When I removed the blower motor I unplugged everything in that region. All I had to do was plug in one of the harnesses. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts