Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark Livingstone wrote me about Japan version Legends, and asked if they came with electrically-folding door mirrors.

I hope you don't mind me posting this, Mark L.

The answer is yes about the mirrors. This may be known to most of you, but it's just something I found out while studying the Japanese Legend.

Electrical mirrors are available

OBTW- is the KA9 over here called something different in the US? That's a very good-looking car, and they make lots of goodies for it.

Dale
in Japan

·
Registered
799 Posts
ka9 is the RL i believe in the States

and I have the folding mirrors, just need to fabricate a switch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am assuming you are fabricating a switch because you got the mirrors without the harness(es).

I can price these complete with harness(es) by color year/model. My friend has a Legend over here, and I just take his paperwork with me to Honda parts shop to find everything.

Dale
in Japan

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
dmenn said:
Are they available for the KA8 coupe? Price and any other info?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave I believe so.
If you look at the RL[KA9] mirrors and coupe mirrors they are practically the same, and being that most vehicles over here have electric folding mirrors [well, at least both of mine do] then I would think they do have them available.

G

·
Wow man i'm interested in thoes mirrors.. I really just want the tinted Glass that goes in them... DO they have that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Acuralegend.com-

Is that you, DK? Still working on your refund.

As for tinted glass, that stuff is a film you place over the lenses and cut to fit, just like with tinting windows, but on the outside.

Price on the complete electrical mirrors with harnesses? I don't know, but will have to go to the Honda Parts place to find out.

Dale

in Japan

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Dale;

On your future posts for JDM parts, please specify if items are in current production or require special production run (with estimated delivery date). This should help to avoid the heartburn that happened before.

·
OG Member
1,496 Posts
I had a pair, and when i installed them they were totally wrong. REMEMBER drivers side is on the right side, so i had the "objects are closer than they appear" mirror on OUR driver side and also the ANGLE on the mirror housing is going to be different. The mirror itself I changed it with our OEM one, but the angle of the mirror was not that great for driving, I had to take them off b/c i couldn't see cars behind me.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
can you post all info when you find out?

price
fitment (ka8 or ka7)
availibility

i tried to get em from a honda dealer last year. but they said they will not ship to the US for safety reasons. (i'm assuming because the mirrors are different on the jdm model) i have the part number if you need it.

thanx.

-j

·
Registered
149 Posts
Few things to remind everyone on these.

1. Angled differently due to RH drive versus LH drive.
2. Doesn't just plug right in, besides needing the harness, you need the complete switch assembly and wiring.
3. Will not fit on sedans, but will fit coupes perfectly.
4. They are still available. I have a set, but useless right now, because I don't have the complete switch assembly. They look cool though.

G

·
I know that this is completely off the topic, but Dale is there any chance that you could get me some one piece lights for my coupe. Thanks, and what is the price if you went to a dealer over in Japan, and what is it if I buy them from you. Cause I may be going on a trip to Japan and waiting till then, but if the price is right then I'll get them from you.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I know that this is completely off the topic, but Dale is there any chance that you could get me some one piece lights for my coupe. Thanks, and what is the price if you went to a dealer over in Japan, and what is it if I buy them from you. Cause I may be going on a trip to Japan and waiting till then, but if the price is right then I'll get them from you.
ah, the elusive one peice for coupes. good luck and if you find some, let us know. there are at least 3 coupes interested here in NYC.
-j

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.