Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I re-wired my bumper lights using a open connection after converting to JDM/HID front headlights. I used 1056 LED's in the bumper lights which are wired to come on with parking and headlights. It looks great, the bumper light color matches the HID's in the headlights very well. My problem...I am now using only the JDM side markers as turn signals and they take a smaller bulb. The circuit thinks a bulb is out and my turn signals flash twice as fast. Any ideas? Can I put a resistor in line that mimics the old turn signal bulb?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well, I have a similar problem. Sorry if I may be jacking this thread. I did the DIY bumper "fog light" mod on legendtuner.com and I love it. The only thing is that the blinker blinks too damn fast. Can the load equalizer II fix this problem even though I didn't upgrade it to LED as stated on the website?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have a similar problem. Sorry if I may be jacking this thread. I did the DIY bumper "fog light" mod on legendtuner.com and I love it. The only thing is that the blinker blinks too damn fast. Can the load equalizer II fix this problem even though I didn't upgrade it to LED as stated on the website?
I think so...click on and read the link I was sent. Lot's of information about what causes it....etc.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the equalizers...

It took about 15 minute to wire them in. Blinkers now work perfectly...a $25 must have if converting blinkers or bumper lights to LED's.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
^^ Mark where did you mount the LE's? I've heard they tend to get quite hot so was wondering what a good location would be. I'm thinking of doing LED's too.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ Mark where did you mount the LE's? I've heard they tend to get quite hot so was wondering what a good location would be. I'm thinking of doing LED's too.
I have the JDM headlights that I converted to HID's. If you do that, you'll have an extra connection which is ON when the parking/lights are ON. I wired LED's into clear bumper lenses and I'm using the orange corner lights on the JDM's for blinkers. You wire in the converters where the old bumper turn signal wiring is. Works like a charm, and the bumper LED's match the headlight HID's pretty close with 6,000K HID's. It would be perfect with
8,000's I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts