Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 92 coupe and knowticed the acura and legend emblems on the back are comming off and barley hanging on. What I really want is just the A symbol back there. I think it looks clean. My question is do you think there will be a difference in the paint color? If so could a body shop blend the paint or summin and how much would this cost?

Brad
92 LS coupe

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wanted to strip the "acura" and "legend" off my trunk as well. I took off the "acura" and started on the "legend" but I realized it had pilot holes behind it so be careful of that. Anyway, I took the "acura" off and scrubbed the glue with paint thinner, lacquer thinner and whatever else I could find. It came off almost completely (you can only see the "acura" outline under just the right light now) and a coat of wax took care of the slight discoloring from the chemicals. As far as a body shop, they'll charge you about 150-200 to fill the pilot holes and repaint the trunk. However, sometimes they have to paint the quarter panels as well to do a perfect color match and that will cost you quite a bit more. On a side note, which part of the bay area are you in? I'm in the city. If you're into the races at all, we should head out there together sometime. Anyway, let me know.

-GR

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
There will be a difference in shade esp with a light colored vehicle. Correction would be to repaint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts