Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if endless makes a brakepad application for the 95 sedan?

·
Registered
847 Posts
yes they do, just that you'll need to fork out $380 just for the front set...(CCM-X No doubt they are very very good though) Whereas you can get EBC green with the same friction coeficient for only $90 for the front. Just make sure that you don't buy the regular pads from Endless, otherwise you are wasting a lot of money.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks claus. are u running ebc? heard some bad things about them from other forums.

·
Registered
847 Posts
yes, I'm running EBC and I don't have any problem with them... So what did you hear??? I'm really curious~

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I also run EBC. What did you hear? I have nothing but good things to say about them myself. There is abolutely no squeeking (at least on my application), very, very little brake dust even if I don't wash the car for 2 weeks, and they need no warm up time at all. Performance wise, they feel just like stock, or a bit better under normal light braking, and get progressively grippier (if that is a word :) )the harder you step on the brake pedal. Even while it is on my wifes Legend with stock rotors, you definately can tell there is less brake fade after you do some hard braking. I have a brand new set of front and rear EBC Green ready to e installed on my Legend with the Brembo rotors. I haven't had a chance to install them yet, as I just don't have the time.

·
2,879 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
what smell??:D
Never smelled anything:D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Well, I never had teh chance to really brake hard enough for the EBC pads to make any kind of smell. But I did however, get a chance to brake hard enough with my stock pads during my little accident the other week, and I could smell burnt brakes for some time. As far as squeeling, they do not squeel at all, but that could just be because I properly used enought anti squeel lubricant. I have not had any brakes really squeel aside from thye cheap pads I once used from Napa. I think they might have been Raybestos, but I'm not sure. Also, I have not had any idication that the brakes lock up any sooner than OEM pads, but then again, we have anti lock brakes. Over all, I have the exact 180 degree view about the EBC as that guy in the link has. :) They are a Kevlar Matrix pad, so maybe the smell it emmits might be a little funny, but I have not noticed it. I've used the pads for about 6 months I think, and I have not had any bad experience with them. However, that is with the stock rotors, as I have not tried them on my Brembo drilled rotors yet since I have no time to install them. Others here however have used the on the Brembos, and I believe have good things to say, other than an increase in wear on the pads with the drilled rotors, and slight dusting. But I think the driller/slotted rotors are just harder on pads to begin with, so that seems normal.

·
Registered
847 Posts
well, I think that guy either

1. Was using old rotor
2. Never bedded in the pads correctly (but I've never had problem in the beginning too)
3. Got the wrong ones
4. Got really cheap ass tires:D :D :D

Well, I've heard any squeak and have never put any anti squeel things on the rotors and I know that the place that installed them for me didn't used any of that stuff too. Yes, they do dust with the x-drilled but is not noticeable until 2 weeks later.

Graeme, I don't know why, but the SS lines are giving me more and more feedback and pressure now, maybe because the brake fluid has adjusted to the temperature??? Dunno~ But they have definitely enhanced the already highly controllable nature of the EBC pads:D

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
claus44 said:
Graeme, I don't know why, but the SS lines are giving me more and more feedback and pressure now, maybe because the brake fluid has adjusted to the temperature??? Dunno~ But they have definitely enhanced the already highly controllable nature of the EBC pads:D
Mine are still at Goodridge somewhere. :mad: I did, however, pick up my EBCs today from that place in Torrance. :) Hopefully, my rotors will be available tomorrow. I might just go ahead and change my rotors and pads first, and wait to do the SS lines later. My brakes are really bugging me.

I still need to give your mech. a call too.

I also received my bleeder and fluid yesterday.

I also have to give Augusta a call to order some stuff. :p Hopefully that would be it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
what you getting from Augusta this time??

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
I need to get a passenger side fender liner, the corner slide piece for the bumper on the passenger side, and a bleeder T-wrench for the ABS....... I think that's it. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey graeme how much did u get your ebc for and where?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
I got them for $89 fronts, $69 rear plus tax from www.brakeco.com . I went to pick them up myself so no shipping.

Dean, I haven't ordered yet, so if you're serious, I can find out the prices for you. Get back to me with specifics ASAP though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
AHAHA Siera Acura of Alhambra?? NO WAY~ They always sell at retail price:D Just get them from Augusta, they have better price and better service:)

·
Registered
847 Posts
LegendGS said:
I got them for $89 fronts, $69 rear plus tax from www.brakeco.com . I went to pick them up myself so no shipping.

Dean, I haven't ordered yet, so if you're serious, I can find out the prices for you. Get back to me with specifics ASAP though.
:D That's the place where I got mine from, LOL:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts