Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 sterling 825 sl the engine and trans is 100% acura legend,I just took the engine and transmission out of my car , my question is do you thing that I should put the new engine and transmission already together or pu the engine fist and then put the transmission the reason why i m asking this question is because I dont know if I can line the engine with the front and rear mount if you look at them they only have one hole in the bracket and there is no way in hell that I can line it ,i have 3 engines and 3 transmission in my garage so I have a lot of parts,I tried to post some pics but it kept telling me that the file is too large

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
terry : can someone tell me how to post my picture because it kept saying the file is too large,thank you

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Hey Terry

It's pretty easy to post a pic just sign up for a free online photo album at a free site like photoisland.com.
After u upload the pic to the site hit the link button and they will give a link to the pic.
place the link in between this on your narrative.

and then the pic appears.

Good luck with your project.
Esti

·
Registered
703 Posts
You should be able to put the engine and transmission in at the same time. My cousin changed his and put them in at the same time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sterling

thank you for your reply but how did he line the hole in the braket with the pin on the motor mount the reason why i m asking that is because i m doing it by myself,thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
He used a forklift to drop it in from the top. I didn't help him, so I don't know exactly how he did it. I'll ask him about it this weekend when I see him to see if he had any trouble lining it up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sterling to acura legend

ok guys i just finished putting the engine and transmission into my sterling, the engine came out of 90 acura legend it was easy as long as you have a hoist,so for you acura fans if you need any parts or engine remenber that you can use sterling parts too the are the same the only problem is that the distrbutor is different but you can just replace it with the acura one because the acura has a connector on top of the distributor but the sterling does not have one ,and also if you are looking for acura for sale keep in mind to look for a sterling because they were made by acura but people do not know that you can actully get these cars cheap

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you are planning on a manual to auto swap, you will need to have someone who knows how to do it help you or have a professional do it if you want everything to go right. If you don't have experience doing it, I don't think explaining it over the internet would do it justice. He or I haven't ever done one, but I'm sure I could figure it out if I had everything in front of me. You would probably be better off just buying a Legend with a manual tranny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts