Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 legend L.
driving hard around town (freeways) all is well but after driving about 1/2 hr at 100 to 120 kms/hr the engine light comes on.
oil , temp everything seems fine and car drives just the same as if no light was on.
Turn key off then back on instantly and light goes out for another 5 or 10 minutes, then back on .
I had to drive it for an hour at speed like that and no sign of trouble , performance just fine ,no noises , nothing.
Any ideas? I'm too broke to take it to a dealer to find out what's up.

·
Registered
867 Posts
just go to any mechanic and ask him if its something serious. Could just be a sensor malfunctioning or perhaps bad cables

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do you mean the "check engine" light? If so, check the ECU for a code and then report back.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Check your ECU code. If you don't have a list of the codes, post the nimber of flashes and we'll let you know what's wrong.
Mine behaved that way and it was a code8 top dead centre position sensor - needed a new distributor.

Rich

·
Registered
864 Posts
mine does the same buddy.. but not for long. i checked my ECU (in the coupes, its under the passenger footwell, towards the engine pull back carpet. its on a big metal box) and i was given a code 1 (front O2 sensor is bad) so im replacin it soon. tell us what code you get (# of flashes before pause.. count over and over, cus the pause may throw u off) anyway, good luck my friend.

-bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts