Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now been reading this forum for 2 weeks picking up all sorts of great information on how to enhance the Legend experance. :D

I have found that doing-it-yourself is really the way to go. Even after all the intakes/exausts/strut bars/thottle body's/etc.. How are we to get the max out of a stock ECU??

My question is then has anyone installed or also looking into a Engine Management System (EMS)??
Wouldn't this be better then the Venom 400 and Apexi AFC's?

I know that AEM has a nice one but our Legend's are NOT listed. :( However, there are other companies that do produce a type of EMS that seems to be a universal replacement.

The ideal system to me would be one that you could make changes to your system in "Real-time" using a computer/laptop. I am currently working on installing a computer/laptop in my car and would like to adjust anything (something like they did in Fast & Furous).

You all have been a great help in just the last few weeks. Thank You Very Much!! :cool:

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
AEM has a "race" EMS that can be fitted to a Legend. It's just not plug and play. You will be cutting into your wiring harness to hook it up. Take a look at your ECU and all the wiring going into it. After all that work then you have to look forward to several days of dyno tuning the thing as you have to develope your own fuel maps, ignition maps, transmission shift points etc.

This would be a job for a professional tuning shop and will be prety pricey. Also note it is possible to toast the engine if you don't get close on your fuel and ignition maps before start up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.