Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about paitning some of the parts in the engine bay like many of you have. i just have a few questions. i cant find the exact color i want in engine paint but i was able to find some clear coat for the engine, would it be safe to use regular spray paint and spray over with clear coat? would that be enough protection? can anyone else reccomend a brand of engine paint and where to get it?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
bigdad said:
You need high temp paint or you will see peeling and blistering
Not exactly true. Think about it, there's body paint located inside the engine, ie: fenders, shock towers, etc and they have yet to blister after 7 years. Ive had no problems with the parts painted in my engine yet. Just use a compatible primer and body color paint. A couple of layers of clear coat wouldn't hurt anything either.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think you should be safe and go with the high temp clear coat. the can is only like $5 for a decent size can. What kind of paint did you use for painting in your engine paint. i was going to use this specific metallic green that i cant find with the engine paint application. any suggestions?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi temp for engine parts such as valve covers are needed. Plastic covers áre probably fine without it. And the fenders are not heat up to temperatures like actual engine parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts