Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Hey Darren, i just realized that you have an Acura battery. Is that the original one that came with the car or did you buy it afterwards and are you running a seperate battery so it wont drain your car?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Triton3K said:
Hey Darren, i just realized that you have an Acura battery. Is that the original one that came with the car or did you buy it afterwards and are you running a seperate battery so it wont drain your car?
Dunno.... :confused: It came with that battery. That has been replaced with a yellow top optima now.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
German Engine...

Here's mine! Not a excellent photo, but looking good, or?
The same engines like yours, but without any accessories (like "Intake Filter" etc). We guys here in Germany doesn´t have an "TYPE II Engine", because Type II Legends never imported to Germany. Our engins have 205 PS, (not more and not less), but we can reconstruct our engines with 2 other camshafts (origin from "Honda Racing Sport"), and thus, we have the magic 233 PS !!! Like mine.

Hope you guys like´em...
Mike / Cologne

EDIT: Invalid Path to "www.mdichte.de/..."
"
"

EDIT: New Path defined (02/23/03) 20:51 clock

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Hi Jason,

looking good. Not bad. A quite excellent combination, to paint some materials in blue. It could be my taste.

Just as a side note: as far as I know, it´s a really hard work to paint some rubber materials in a specific color ! And especially some like flex hoses types! Hope, you know what I mean !!!
I like your hadlamps !!! :)

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

G

·
Re: German Engine...

MikeD said:
but we can reconstruct our engines with 2 other camshafts (origin from "Honda Racing Sport"), and thus, we have the magic 233 PS !!! Like mine.
Could you export those Camshafts over to the states... I would be interested if it would give me a 30hp gain. Or is this basically the camshaft that is out of the Type-II. I.e. with my type-II could I expect to be getting over 250hp :D.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Re: Re: German Engine...

SpeedDemon said:
Could you export those Camshafts over to the states... I would be interested if it would give me a 30hp gain. Or is this basically the camshaft that is out of the Type-II. I.e. with my type-II could I expect to be getting over 250hp :D.
Hi Buddy,

I don´t know, if the company are longer exists. But, I had luck, because the previous owner has paid all. Before, I got my Legend, he told me, that this car has other cams, spec. indurated valves and springs. That´s all. Price ? He paid 1993 approx 1600 DM + installation + tax, means $740 Dollar. But I think, today, it´s a higher price (I don´t know it exactly)

Like I was saying... Type II engines are never exported to Germany, so, I don´t know, if the cams (if available) will fits into Type II engins. And also, I don´t know the differents between Type II engine and non-Type II (I mean within the engine)

Please, don´t annoyed,:mad: but if I have more info, I´ll keep you inform, Ok ???

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
MikeD, how hard was it to paint the "3.2L" & "V6" on your engine covers? Did you mess up any?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
MikeD, how hard was it to paint the "3.2L" & "V6" on your engine covers? Did you mess up any?
Hi Matt,
mess up any ? Oh no ! But I got this tip from ChrisK (Member of this nice board here). He wrotes me (via EMail)...

"Hi Mike. I did it by hand. What I did was clean, and prep the plastic really well. Lightly sand the plastic to roughen it up so the paint stick better. I then primed it well, and wet sanded the primer smooth. Then I painted the entire plastic engine cover the base color I wanted. After that dried really well, I wet sanded that in areas that needed it, and sprayed a few more coats of paint. I did about 3-4 coats total. Then I when by hand, and used a fine paint brush, and painted the 3.2L letters, and Honda letters by hand. It takes a while becaue you have to go slow, and get a nice even coat. Once that dried, I sprayed the enire thing with high tempurature engine paint clear coat. I used about 3-4 coats of clear. And that was it. - ChrisK "

Yes, I did it too, with success! Looking good and also heating resistant. That´s very important. Greetings to "AL"

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
MikeD said:

Hi Matt,
mess up any ? Oh no ! But I got this tip from ChrisK (Member of this nice board here). He wrotes me (via EMail)...

"Hi Mike. I did it by hand. What I did was clean, and prep the plastic really well. Lightly sand the plastic to roughen it up so the paint stick better. I then primed it well, and wet sanded the primer smooth. Then I painted the entire plastic engine cover the base color I wanted. After that dried really well, I wet sanded that in areas that needed it, and sprayed a few more coats of paint. I did about 3-4 coats total. Then I when by hand, and used a fine paint brush, and painted the 3.2L letters, and Honda letters by hand. It takes a while becaue you have to go slow, and get a nice even coat. Once that dried, I sprayed the enire thing with high tempurature engine paint clear coat. I used about 3-4 coats of clear. And that was it. - ChrisK "

Yes, I did it too, with success! Looking good and also heating resistant. That´s very important. Greetings to "AL"

Mike / Cologne (Germany)
WOW!! Thanks ChrisK and MikeD....ChrisK, you must be a very meticulous person...By reading how to do all that I am thinking of backing out of doing this project(Just kidding) But ya, its like I always see you taking the time to fully reply to peoples questions, taking time to answer questions that may arise...I dunno....Thanks for that Chris.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:

WOW!! Thanks ChrisK and MikeD....ChrisK, you must be a very meticulous person...By reading how to do all that I am thinking of backing out of doing this project(Just kidding) But ya, its like I always see you taking the time to fully reply to peoples questions, taking time to answer questions that may arise...I dunno....Thanks for that Chris.
;) No problem. Makes me happy, that we could help you! ;)

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
24 Posts
G1

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.