Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people i have an 89 acura legend and sometimes the car starts and sometimes it doesnt. When i drive the car the check engine light comes on and i looked in the book and it said something about it begin my fuel injection or something. Anyways like when i am driving and if i hit the pedal all the way its like the car has a mind of its own. It will get up to like 2k rpm and then sit there for a bit and then out of no where just kickin a lot of power. Also during this situation my car's engine sort of makes a putt... putt... sound and it also seems like at any minutes the car will stall exspecially when going up a hill (this car moves slow as hell goin up a hill.):(

If someone could help me out at all i would be most greatfull. I'm gettin tired on relying on other means of transportation. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to the replys i have gotten so far. I am goin to try putting a new fuel filter in and i did try looking at my ecu's led light. But i guess i dont really understand what im lookin at. If any one could explain what the hell is goin on with the little blinkin light. Like what to look for and all the other good info. i have checked out the ECU FAQ thing but i am still sort of not gettin it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.....?

Ok i think i understand what is goin on in my car. I looked at the ECU and it blinks 2 times then pauses for a bit and does it again. And on the ECU FAQ it say that it tis the Rear Oxygen sensor. But for some reason i dont think this could be true. I say this because i dont think an Oxygen sensor can make my car act like it doesnt want to stop or, act jumpy or, act like it wants to cut off. Someone shed some light on my problem please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.