Acura Legend Forum banner

engine rev up and down

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  92 sedan POS 
#1 ·
i have a 92 and a 94 sedan.....92 have 176k and 94 have 136k miles.....on a cold day in the morning....i start my car and let it sit there for a while to warm up.....then the engine start reving up and down around 1 to 1.5 thousand RPM.....is that suppose to be normal ?...what causes it ?...how do i fix it ?
thanks

#3 ·
I have had the same problem with the fluctuating RPM's on a cold day. I have found that there are two things that can cause this problem. One is if the climate control is on when the car hasn't heated up yet. So what I do is let the car sit for 5 mins before starting the climate control and have had no problems. The other time this problem occurs is if I drive the car when it is still cold, I mean just starting the car and pulling out to move it or something. Depending on how far I have to move it since my driveway is huge, it causes the RPM's to fluctuate when the car is put into PARK again. Anyways, I hope this helps.

Sim Garcha
1991 Acura Legend LS
300,000 Kms and still going strong!

#6 ·
There is service bulletin for the throttle body which describes these symtoms. I can't remember if it applies to a 92, or just 91s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.