Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine keeps reving by itself when i start it up in the morning when it's cold, it seems that the needle never goes past down 2,000 rpms. I keep thinking it's my low coolent level but even when it's full, it still revs by itself.

· Registered
348 Posts
My car does it too, i would say thats normal becuase of the extreme cold temp we're in. I believe it has something to do with the car self-diagnotics/correction system. Anyone correct me im wrong. After my car gets to normal oper.. temp everything is all good. No up and down idling.

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
Fast idle valve has problems, its supposed to increae the Idle when the engine is cold, after it warms up it should cut the extra air. either way when you mess with the intake it usually happens. you have to put some sort of restriction on the Fast Idle Pipe or re-tune the Idle. They did away with this system in the RL, goes to show how pointless it was along with all those cooling lines....

~TRu Hyrbid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.