Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I was driving my car, and all of a sudden in the middle of makeing a right hand turn the engine cut off, at this point I was in the middle of the road hoping that my engine would crank before the street light behind me would turn green ( thats all i needed some pissed off drivers behind me honking ther ****in horns) luckily at the time I had my girl with me and told her to steer while I push.I ended getting the legend out the road whith out holding up traffic. NEways heres my problem, I know that my TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) is defective. I know this by retriving the code form the ecu. The weird thing is this has never happened to me before and I have been driving the car for 2 months since retriving the code from the ECU.The onle time the TPS would realy give me probs is when I shift into park after a long dive and the engine would shut off by it self.Could it be that my TPS is getting worse. ANY help would be Helpful :D :mad:
forgot to mention that the car did end up turning on about five min. later and ran normally. :mad:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Are you sure its the Throttle Body Sensor (TBS) or could it be the Timing Position Sensor (TPS). I just got finished reworking my heads and the TPS is a set of 4 sensors that sits behind the drivers side cam gear, beneath the black plastic covers on the very front of the motor where the timing belts live. The TPS helps you ECU set the timing and tells the car when to fire. When i looked at mine all the plastic around the sensors was melted off and had dripped down the front cover for the motor. I bet yours have melted and the sensors are no longer in the correct position. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TPS stands for the throttle position sensor witch is mounted on the side of the throttle body not the timming position sensor, but NEways thanks for the help.Haven't had time to check the sensors you were talking about yet because it's night but will do first thing in the mornning.:D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts