Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on hybriding my 92 coupe typeI to a typeII engine, i'm wondering is it better to try and get the 6 speed tranny with it or is it better to keep the 5 speed. now some info on what i'm planning on doing is a full internal rebuild of the type II for drag. I'm having problems finding parts as Cams, camgears, pistons, rods, pulleys, etc. if it is impossible to get these parts please tell me, i'm still new to the legends aftermarket history.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Check my car out......

I will tell you how it is later w/ 6 speed swap....

LOT OF WORK..not for the weak at heart ( 6 speed swap) or money.

Remember there is ALOT of work in volved, but this is something myself and 95legend6spd/luvmylegend will be checking into

More pics on my link in my signature

as far as parts go, Banel is in Miami researchiing that RIGHT NOW..give him a call @ 404 808 3460.
He will leave back for ATL in two days

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
As Leon said, we've been checking into this for quite a while now. I have a Type II engine and a seperate 6 speed tranny sitting in my garage in SC right now. Just waiting for the perfect donor body. :D

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Ive done the engine swap type 1 -->2 (which isnt easy) and looked into the 6 spd swap, its sitting in the garage next to the other type 2 engine. Its better to have a manual 5spd to begin with rather than an auto, but none the less hard because of all the minor parts that need to be found out. if you have time and deep pockets then you can do it.

~Hybrid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts