Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an engine vibration that occurs if you are sitting in park (or neutral) and run the RPM's up to 1200 RPM and gets progressively more prominent up through about 1350 RPM's. Once you reach above 1350 RPM's, the vibration goes away.

The dealer says that this vibration is in all Legends from 1991 - 1995...any thoughts on the validity of this supposed "design fault"?

By the way, the dealer also says that the only Technical Bulletin they have on it is to loosen the engine mounts and trans mounts, drive the car very carefully for a few miles, then retorque the engine and trans mounts back to spec. They did this on my car, but it made no noticeable improvement. As well, they just had the engine out of the car (putting in a new used one), and inspected all the mounts and found none to be bad.

How many of you have a vibration at this specified RPM, I would love to get a poll! I want to determine if this truly is a common characteristic of 1991-1995 Legends.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I owened 3 legends, 2 coupe and a 4dr...they all did exactly the same thing since new....it is true, a design problem.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
I had the same issue. Vibrations at 1200-1500 rpm. Once I had my rear tranny replaced it went away. Rides alot smoother. I got the job done at Acura for $228.00.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing. Except it is from 1350-1500. My mechanics are going crazy over it. I am about to have some serious drivetrain work, so maybe that will take care of it.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used to have that problem but once i replaced my engine i havent noticed any significant vibrations... i dunno. I wouldnt lose sleep over it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts