Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where you guys were getting all of your LEDs but here's a quick
suggestion I thought I should pass on from the MAKEzine blog.

The source? Holiday christmas lights. They're cheap and apparently you can even find strings of ~60 blue LEDs for ~$10. Plus, if you wait until AFTER Christmas, I'm sure you can buy enough strands to convert every single bulb in your Legend to white, blue, etc.

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/12/inexpensive_and_abundant_leds.html

This rest of this blog is a bit craft-y for my taste (HOWTO turn a lightbulb into a santa ornament, HOWTO etch glass, etc.) but I am a bit bored this week b/c of the holidays.

Regards,
-g

· Registered
186 Posts
You must be on crack if you think im going to fill my legend up with christmas lights!? lol.. Im going to get those stupid blue glow tubes and place them under the dash, behind the seats and everything.. It will be cool @ night to have an all blue glowing interior rather than some cheap christmas lights!

· Registered
3,606 Posts
LegendLuxury205 said:
You must be on crack if you think im going to fill my legend up with christmas lights!? lol.. Im going to get those stupid blue glow tubes and place them under the dash, behind the seats and everything.. It will be cool @ night to have an all blue glowing interior rather than some cheap christmas lights!
leds are a lot cleaner than neon glow tubes. if you know how to use them correctly in your car then it'll look a lot better. also considering that leds cost quite a bit more than blue neon tubes.

· Registered
186 Posts
LED's glow a lot brighter, clearer, and cleaner, but cost more as well.. LED glow tubes dont cost too much really.. I think i have enough money to afford them instead of using some salvaged christmas lights from the past 3 years! lol

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
frantinez63 said:
If you can't afford light bulbs, you shouldn't be driving a LEGEND in my opinion. I'd rather take the bus than skimp on my car. LED tubes are hideous. Save those for the Civic ricers of the world.

-Eric
:werd:

· mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
JTJohnny102 said:
ebay is cheaper...
:werd: there is this one store out of Hong Kong that has everything u could ever want in size, brightness, color and amount all with resistors too!

· Registered
438 Posts
bboarder711 said:
:werd: there is this one store out of Hong Kong that has everything u could ever want in size, brightness, color and amount all with resistors too!
Except they don't have the super red!!! You know what I'm talking about.... The super red led's that are used for brake lights and the factory spoilers on the newer accords and stuff. The only thing I can find anywhere is the normal red led's that have a slightly orangeish glow when they're on.

I want to replace the led's in my aftermarket spoiler and maybey even replace the tail lights with led's, but I want the really red ones. Can't find 'em :mad:

· mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
logic said:
Except they don't have the super red!!! You know what I'm talking about.... The super red led's that are used for brake lights and the factory spoilers on the newer accords and stuff. The only thing I can find anywhere is the normal red led's that have a slightly orangeish glow when they're on.

I want to replace the led's in my aftermarket spoiler and maybey even replace the tail lights with led's, but I want the really red ones. Can't find 'em :mad:
i got ultra brights for my interior and they are RED but not as bright as i wich but still plenty and iff u have enough i think ur good

· Registered
438 Posts
bboarder711 said:
i got ultra brights for my interior and they are RED but not as bright as i wich but still plenty and iff u have enough i think ur good
It's not the brightness that concerns me, it's the color of light. Most all red LEDs are so bright they kind of wash out the color to a mostly red but a little orange color. I want the rare LEDs that are pure deeeeeeeeeep red!!! And I can't find them!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.