Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of installing this; I would be be able to watch ripped movies , listen to mp3s and play games (emulators :giggle: ) on a 1 gig flash card.

PSP car mount

I was also thinking of installing a myth TV setup like my co worker did on his mazda but I dont know if I have the time or skill.

https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/

Right now all I have is a Bose Stereo with punctured speakers :(

· Registered
6,057 Posts
why dont you focus on driving, instead of watching movies and playing video games in your car.

i think the rest of the world would prefer you do this also.

i would hope a 29 year old would have grown out of crap like this

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ranger Joe, I guess you figured me out. I am immature punk. . . feel better about yourself?

Anyhow, the entertainment is for the passengers. As much I would like to watch tv, talk on the phone and take a dump in my car while rubbing one off. . . not a very good idea.

Pass all the judgment you want. . . I was interested in the opinions of gadget enthusiast like myself who are into "geek" toys (like the linux pc). . . what is wrong with having your navigational system double as a TV/game system for your passengers? Will that upset you to the point where you have to insinuate I am immature for my age for having such interests?

Anyhow thanks for your reply. . . I was under the impression this was a friendly forum.

Lou

· MAN-WHORE
1,949 Posts
I think that is freaking awesome and I would die to have that system in my car. I am also 30 years old and have not outgrown crap like this cause this is my hobby since I was like 16 or so and dont give a damn what others think,, also Ranger Joe is the official forum azztard here on ACURA-LEGEND.COM and we all have to put up with him from time to time but he's rather harmless and infamous here on our site. Just read and place your poll for the "Who wants to stab Ranger Joe?" thread in the LOUNGE section of the forum. Other then that hes just jealous that he is still stuck with the factory FM/AM cassette player that hes been rockin since 1994 while the rest of the world enjoys technology...peace :2cool:

· Registered
6,057 Posts
KINGFABIAN said:
I think that is freaking awesome and I would die to have that system in my car. I am also 30 years old and have not outgrown crap like this cause this is my hobby since I was like 16 or so and dont give a damn what others think,, also Ranger Joe is the official forum azztard here on ACURA-LEGEND.COM and we all have to put up with him from time to time but he's rather harmless and infamous here on our site. Just read and place your poll for the "Who wants to stab Ranger Joe?" thread in the LOUNGE section of the forum. Other then that hes just jealous that he is still stuck with the factory FM/AM cassette player that hes been rockin since 1994 while the rest of the world enjoys technology...peace :2cool:
you speak like you know so much.

i guess making custom performance parts for people on this board makes me infamous.

sorry that i say what i want instead of letting people pass along as being retarded. stoners like yourself should learn your place anyway

fact is i dont really give a crap what my stereo sounds like, i would much rather listen to the engine. my cd player deck makes me plenty happy.

Grant said:
dont mind him

he comes across as an ass alot
you have only been here a few months. you are still a worthless noob and your opinion has no bearing on the subject. plus you live in edmond, one of the worst places to live in oklahoma. :D

· Registered
3,484 Posts
actually the carputer is a great idea. i've done a full install in my last accord. and now i am almost done with it in my legend.

its not just entertainment. its a huge savings of money compared to one of those pioneer/kenwood/etc units with dvd/gps/stuff. this way you can have a pc for half the price with your own customizable front-end with an infinite ammount of variability. its cool if people aren't into it. people have different feelings about different things.. welcome to reality. but anyways...

i recommend the carPC it will be a much better project than the psp or anything for that matter. i will update everyone hopefully soon when mine is complete. my touchscreen is on its way :) and i'm working on my skin for the front end as i speak.

good luck and let me know if you need help! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.