Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering why your gas mileage is not as good as your window sticker says?

Starting in 2008, the EPA recalculated the MPGs on window stickers for all cars since 1985. They did this to better reflect actual MPG's.

On average all G2 Legends MPG's were decreased by 2 MPG. Here is a chart I pulled together:

The above chart is from 2008 Fuel Economy Tests

Your mileage may vary because these charts are for stock Legends, which many Legends on our site are not :thumbsup: ....though mine is.

Also I know many 5 and 6 speeders may :flame: this info, but keep in mind the average mpgs is based on 55% city and 45% highway. So adjust accordingly. Also, they are not my calculations, I am just reporting what this government website says...

Based on this new info, my car is just about right (1991 auto). My last tank was 17.72 mpg in stop and go town traffic.

·
Just Another Guy
555 Posts
Yeah, and those new ratings are done with non-ethanol gas. You can probably take off another 10%+ now-a-days.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot, you made me want to downgrade to a smaller car even more now
:giggle: no need to do anything drastic now... :giggle:

Actually my main reason for posting this was because so many members are driving themselves crazy wondering why their mpg's are so low vs what Acura said the car should get (myself included)...but now I know it is just what the car is suppose to get, so I can stop throwing money at something I will not change.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
I nailed my MPG to that chart too ('94 6MT)...I'm always at 24MPG or better and I'm at least 90% highway. In 10 tanks, my best was 26MPG

but my '91 4AT was around 23MPG the last few tanks and probably 75% highway...score!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am in Niskayuna, NY (<15 Mins north of Albany) - all I can find is 87, 89 & 93 octane, so yes I use 93. No 91 to be found.

·
Registered
38 Posts
'94 Legend Coupe Gas Mileage

I run 91 octane, and I consistently get 28-30mpg highway with my 6 speed manual. I usually shift into 6th gear around 55mph. I usually don't exceed 75mph. I have never gotten worse than 20mpg running around town. Although, if I lived in a major city, I would probably get less than 20mpg. It probably also helps that I am running Michelin Exalto's on my car, and I only have 16K miles on the coupe as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.