Acura Legend Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 91 legend coupe. My symptoms were the same as most here with the added rpm fluctuations. What I found was two separate problems. The speedo problem was fixed once I replaced the vss. I replaced the whole unit not just the guts.

I figured this would of solved the flashing d4 light yet it still flashed even though the speedo was now working. My symptoms that were still left were the rpm's fluctuating. She idled at around 1500 rpm's cold and dropped to 1000 once warmed up yet bounced around from there. My cel showed a bad Coolant temp sensor and the d4 still flashed.

I checked the cts as told in the repair manuel I purchased and it was bad. I spent 26 bucks at auto zone for a new one. I replaced it and started my legend and instantly the rpm's settled in at about 650. Problem seems solved. But why would the d4 light be resolved from the cts. So I took it for a drive. Usually as she warmed up The d4 would start flashing but it didn't. So I assume that it had something to do with it. It was a beautiful thing. No more d4 flashing or cel. Now I just need to get that abs light figured out and I can get started on looks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
HELP!!!

I have a 91 Legend and this morning the speedometer started acting crazy!! My check engine light was on prior to this. I thought it had something to do with me getting the timing belt and water pump replaced recently. That's when I noticed it started coming on. It doesn't stay on all the time though. No other lights on the dash are coming on.

The RPM needle seems to working just fine.

I also noticed a few weeks ago the power steering feels hard/stiff. I purcashed some fluid and added it but it was basically full. Even after adding some I still get the hard steering usually when I first get in the car.

Oh plus I have problems with overheating(no smoke just the temp rises to hot). Well its alot better once I got the timing belt and water pump changed but if I sit idle too long say at a drive thru line the temp guage will rise to hot. Once I press the gas it usually goes back down. The thermostat was changed with the belt and water pump. I can't think of the name of the part but he replaced the one that regulates the fan. It wasn't coming on like it was supposed to.

I also noticed that the temp needle rises to the middle rather quickly. Like within 2 minutes of me being in the car. It usually stays in the middle unless I sit for too long as mentioned above.

What is wrong with this car? It's one thing after another!!:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 93 Legend got a D4 flashing and notice that it is code 9. I have replaced the VSS and still have the same problem. It will not flash while start the engine and will going to flash after the vehicle moved 200 meter . Can anyone tell me what to do? Speed meter normal .

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 93 Legend got a D4 flashing and notice that it is code 9. I have replacedm he VSS and still have the same problem. It will not flash while start the engine and will going to flash after the vehicle moved 200 meter . Can anyone tell me what to do? Speed meter normal .
i got the same problem
it occured when mechanic tried to solve my fans' problem. My fans were not turning on. He did not have enough time so we connected fans to relay then they began turning on whenever i turn the car on. Then I had CEL and D4 light on. Today replaced radiator (cuz it had some cracks on it) not CEL was gone but d4 still blinking. Speedometer is just perfect.
any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
VSS/Power steering sensor assembly

OK so i replaced my vss but problem still was there now i replaced the whole assembly with a used one and i still get the blinking D4 light.... did i do something what else could it be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wacko Speedo fix-o

I will update this sometime this weekend with pictures, and a step by step guide, + list of tools.
I am about to do the VSS as well, and look forward to the step by step!

I had the greatest time watching the speedo flip all over and then settle on 120 MPH while I was sitting at a stop light --- WHEEEE!

Next thing I will SEARCH ON is EGR repair / replacement, that is bugging me.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts