Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone raced against this car? I'm not really up on that certain model, but this guy at work challenged me to a race with his ES 300. I think it's a 98, or something to that extent. Does anyone know the true specs of this car......Holla Back

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I'm sure an ES300 can be beaten by a TypeII Legend. However, not sure if they changed the power on the most recent models? Do they even still have a 01-03 ES300?

The ones I remember are usually around 1997.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
In '97 and '98 the ES300 got 200 hp with 195 lb/ft of torque.

Beginning '99 until the current year, it got 210 hp with 220 lb/ft of torque.

Just going by the figures, Type I has probably a chance with anything pre-99. After that, it may be up to the Type II.

·
Registered
847 Posts
LegendGS said:
In '97 and '98 the ES300 got 200 hp with 195 lb/ft of torque.

Beginning '99 until the current year, it got 210 hp with 220 lb/ft of torque.

Just going by the figures, Type I has probably a chance with anything pre-99. After that, it may be up to the Type II.
Graeme, I think you forgot how "luxury" and "comfortable" the automatic toyota transmissions are:D Type I's shouldn't have a problem.:cool:

·
Registered
614 Posts
We have a 99 es300 in the family. Never raced it against my legend before. But just going by feel, the es300 felt a bit faster than my legend. Maybe it was because the transmission shifts so seemlessly and the ride is soo smooth that it just feels faster.

·
Registered
614 Posts
hey claus,
how do u like your SS brake lines. I'v been thinking about getting them for a long time. but dont know if they are worth the money or not. Maybe ill just put in my ebc greenstuff first and see how that works out.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Firmness of the pedal didn't change much, but that might be the fact that my vacum booster is old and stuff. However, the braking controll is a lot better and a lot more precise. Well, I got the lines as an insurance, I just don't want the 10 years old stock lines to fail on me.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts