Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone want to take a guess at how many 6spds are still driving around?

6spd ls coupe?
6spd gs sedan?

does anyone know the numbers of how many were orginally built?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
I bet there are more 6-spds than 5-spds!!!
Later!
Lee
Haha, ya, finding 5 Spd Legends is rare...I never even though about that, but I bet you are correct...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
5spd LS sedan, probably the rarest Legend of all Legends.
Anyone here has one? I've only seen on so far on the Legend temple, and that's it.

G

·
Yeah but the two sweetest Legends are the 95 GS Sedan 6spd, and the 95 LS Coupe 6spd. Damn, what I would do for that coupe in Milano red with low low miles and perfect condition.

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
speeddemon i feel you 100%. the best would be a milano red 95 ls 6-speed coupe with low, low miles. it's funny when i was looking for one i found 1 red ls 6-speed coupe and it was a 95. it was in NH and had 95K miles on it. the guy wanted 15g's. i didn't see pictures of it though and i ended up getting my 94 ls 6-speed instead. he actually had it on autotrader and had it listed as an ls 6-speed coupe, but had a picture of the "L" model. he must have took a picture of someone elses ad because the two phone numbers were different. also, i had this other 94 red ls coupe 6-speed lined up to buy from a guy. it only had 64K miles on it. he was also the original owner. i offered 12.5K and he said it sounded reasonable. but in the end he kept it because he said he couldn't sell it for some reason. well if he ever does i'm buying it. oh yeah and the guy with the one with 64K miles on it, is in a town right next to me. no driving 500 miles for it. oh well

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I bet there are more 5 Speeds than 6-Speeds. In Hawaii I know there are as many or more 5-Speeds. Not too long ago some here was selling his 5-Speed 91-93 Sedan. However, I bet there are more G1 5-Speeds than G2 5 Speeds. G1 5-Speeds are fairly common. There are a lot of them here in Hawaii.

G

·
Yeah, it seems actually whenever I go to the dealership I always see a 5spd Legend of some sort. They seemed to be more common for some reason. Were the Type 1 Legends cheaper for some reason than the Type-II ones, if that's the case then maybe more young people were buying them at the time that liked to drive manual cars. Just an idea.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ChrisK said:
I bet there are more 5 Speeds than 6-Speeds. In Hawaii I know there are as many or more 5-Speeds. Not too long ago some here was selling his 5-Speed 91-93 Sedan. However, I bet there are more G1 5-Speeds than G2 5 Speeds. G1 5-Speeds are fairly common. There are a lot of them here in Hawaii.
I still think there are less 5spd LS sedans than 6spd GS sedans.
5 speed L sedans are fairly common, but not LS.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I am interested in getting the production numbers for this. I mad my statement based on the fact that the 5-spd G2 was available from 91-92, if I am not wrong. The 6-spd was available from 93-95. That is one more year of production.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
I am interested in getting the production numbers for this. I mad my statement based on the fact that the 5-spd G2 was available from 91-92, if I am not wrong. The 6-spd was available from 93-95. That is one more year of production.
Later!
Lee
Here is a 93 that is a 5 Spd. I have also seen other 93-95 5 Speed Sedans on eBay before...They are out there, just less common...5 speeds were common more in 91-92 from what I have seen, and more common in "L" models like Whitelegend stated....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1839471052

G

·
sleeprlegendcp said:
Later!
Lee
Yes, but the GS Sedan was only made from 94-95 ;). We really do need to get our hands on some production numbers. Maybe Honda would give these to us if we just called them up or mailed them.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
Later!
Lee
Half right. The 5-speed G2 was actually available from '91-'95. It was only limited to '91 and '92 for the coupes because in '93 they introduced the 6, but carried through on the sedans.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I love how the information flies in on this Forum! I think we should look into getting the production numbers for all models and even factory option list. I bet we could get it with a little asking. Maybe on of our friends in Japan can look into it for us!
Later!
Lee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.