Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Alright, I'm going to nip this in the bud right now.

After reviewing the website, it hasn't made any claim that would justify any of the claims they are making. Throughout the page, the values on the fuel economy improvements and suspected values constantly change to make the product seem more effective. The entire document is filled with dramatizations, grammar errors, and incorrect assumptions about science.

The website cites that it is a "epa registered" product. There is utterly meaningless and unregulated, which means it can be attached to anything. The site has also gotten several things wrong about the history of California air quality laws.

Many places it references that it is not some sort of gimmick fuel additive, but it never actually says what chemical is in it. It says that the additive helps vaporize the fuel or some other nonsense, but that wouldn't offer the gains they are promising. While better vaporized fuel will result in better fuel economy and horsepower, I can't imagine a type of substance that will perform that kind of physical reaction and be biodegradable. Frankly the best way to make sure your fuel is vaporized well is making sure your fuel injectors are clean.

The smoking gun for the failure of this product lies at the end of the page. At the end it offers a weight-loss type disclaimer by stating, "Gas savings and emissions savings with Ethos vary and are different from car to car and your driving habits. Example: Whether you have an agressive or more passive foot on the gas pedal." Ironically, they misspelled aggressive in their "legal" disclaimer.

Frankly, I'll renounce my previous statements if I receive a copy of the epa test done to show that this product does produce even a %5 increase in fuel economy or a %5 improve over any emissions.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
^ if they spent a million or more on development and testing you think they would spend enough to have a short simple web site with proper spelling. Even if it worked somewhere in the range of 10% saved fuel it would be nice, but not much of a saving at those prices. who's gonna try it?

Edit: Ok I looked into it more and it's an MLM wich explains that bad website, heres another but the pricing seems lower: Ethos Fuel Additive improve gas mileage Home Page

·
Registered
650 Posts
i'll second what was said above me.

the whole website relies on BIG BOLD FONT and EXCLAMATIONS!! to make a point. not a very professional way to present a product. in addition, the website spends just as much time bashing other products as it does talking about its own. let your own product do the talking if its the real deal!

of course my favorite quote of the whole webpage would be:
"All premium fuel is simply gasoline with a higher burning rate and more oxygen."

but actually :
"Higher octane ratings correlate to higher activation energies. Activation energy is the amount of energy necessary to start a chemical reaction. Since higher octane fuels have higher activation energies, it is less likely that a given compression will cause knocking. Using a fuel with a higher octane lets an engine run at a higher compression ratio without having problems with knock. Actual compression in the combustion chamber is determined by the compression ratio as well as the amount of air restriction in the intake manifold (manifold vacuum) as well as the barometric pressure, which is a function of elevation and weather conditions. Compression is directly related to power (see engine tuning), so engines that require higher octane usually deliver more power. Engine power is a function of the fuel as well as the engine design and is related to octane ratings of the fuel."

need i say more?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.