Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
because i can.
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife was going through some old pictures tonight and came across these....it was just after we bought the I30t (may she rest in peace) and before I sold the Jag....I remember thinking it would be a great idea to have a family photo before I sold the Cat....man that was one helluva nice car...but the electrics were so finicky and you G2 guys that are paranoid about BHGs should try owning an XJ6 :lol:

I know there is a solo pic of my Datsun from this same day somewhere, but I'm not sure where :dunno:

·
because i can.
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno Mark....I smoked a 350 sb'ed Monte Carlo one day in that Jag :D

PLUS when we were racing on the...um...track, something pulled out in front a bit down the way, and we both had to slam the brakes...well guess what??

His rear drums pulled his dumbass to one side and then he over corrected and fish tailed while my big front discs and inboard rear discs stopped that tank like it wudant no thang :loser: (I was younger and stupider in those days obviously lol) but that car had GREAT power for 1982 if you ask me....

But yeah I always dreaded that a day would come that I'd have to remove that HUGE DOHC head and replace that ironing-board sized Head Gasket hahaha...luckily it never did happen....

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,298 Posts
Is it me, or is your Legend passenger side headlight cover missing?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I dunno Mark....I smoked a 350 sb'ed Monte Carlo one day in that Jag :D

PLUS when we were racing on the...um...track, something pulled out in front a bit down the way, and we both had to slam the brakes...well guess what??

His rear drums pulled his dumbass to one side and then he over corrected and fish tailed while my big front discs and inboard rear discs stopped that tank like it wudant no thang :loser: (I was younger and stupider in those days obviously lol) but that car had GREAT power for 1982 if you ask me....

But yeah I always dreaded that a day would come that I'd have to remove that HUGE DOHC head and replace that ironing-board sized Head Gasket hahaha...luckily it never did happen....
my xj6 and my parents xj6 must have been pretty anemic then I could never muster a whole lot out of them. when i was bringing my xj6 home from up in the mountains, I would have my foot flooring the gas and I would only be going about 65, 70 at the most. my friend josh was passing me in his hyundai elantra :lol: although my mom managed to get her 92 xj6 moving to about 150 mph driving home because she was being "chased." she called me mind you, while driving this fast to tell me that she was being chased by hoodlums instead of calling the police. yes my mom was crazy:rofl:

·
because i can.
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it me, or is your Legend passenger side headlight cover missing?
Nope...just REALLY clean :D

my xj6 and my parents xj6 must have been pretty anemic then I could never muster a whole lot out of them. when i was bringing my xj6 home from up in the mountains, I would have my foot flooring the gas and I would only be going about 65, 70 at the most. my friend josh was passing me in his hyundai elantra :lol: although my mom managed to get her 92 xj6 moving to about 150 mph driving home because she was being "chased." she called me mind you, while driving this fast to tell me that she was being chased by hoodlums instead of calling the police. yes my mom was crazy:rofl:
Yeah dude my Jag had assloads of torque and she loved to stretch her legs on the highway....however, at 17-20 mpg highway, I can see why the damn thing had to have two gas tanks hahaha....

btw the two 13 gallon tanks was THE SHIT!! It was nice to run the first tank down to half, switch over, then go on the second tank and have about 7 gallons reserved for when that one finished :D

·
because i can.
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol that parking lot is pretty close to my house (you can see it in numerous other pics ive posted here over time)...

IIRC....my wife and I drove two cars over, parked em, then walked back home and drove the other two over...then repeated the process to take them home :lol: Good question though! haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.