Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next time you have your lights on...push in the balance knob on the radio to make it pop out and then pull it...I can't believe I barely learned this!! It helps to read the manual...this is probably the stupidest post in the world, but hey it may come in handy to those of us who don't read very carefully!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that amazed me!! I kept turning them on and off like 4 or 5 times!! This is such a lame post!! :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once the balance knob is popped out...manually pull it out further!! Make sure your lights are on!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ya knoww.... not all of us have stock radios and I feel completely left out in the dark with this post! The sad part is, I really want to know what happens!!!!

Either way, what I DO know is, don't and I mean -DONT- put on your emergency flashers, your left turn signal, THEN start your car :eek: ! Ha HA!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Okay, when you pull out the balance selector a little more, it makes the radio lights go off, hehe it's nothing big. Kinda like when I discovered when you use the remote radio adjustment, the knob actually turns with it, trippy.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Okay, when you pull out the balance selector a little more, it makes the radio lights go off, hehe it's nothing big. Kinda like when I discovered when you use the remote radio adjustment, the knob actually turns with it, trippy.
I wonder what purpose it serves. :confused:

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
I have this function too, cuz I have an US radio (type B, with EQ build in). And also this function is described in our German manual. WHY ??? Only to switch off the radio lights ? What for ?
Very strange...

Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Maybe they added this feature because when you dim your dash lights with the dimmer switch, the radio does not dim at all. So if you dim your dash lights all the way down, and then pull out the Balance control to turn off the illumination on the radio, then everything around your dash will be dark. Maybe some people like to drive with their interior lighting in "stealth" mode at night.
I noticed the procedure for dimming the radio is in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Son of a B*TCH! I tried this! It SUCKS!

I was in a Jack in the Box drive through and when I went to turn on the tunes I decided to pull out the balance knob. I thought hey, what the hell...

I was pulling and pulling, and nothing was happening. Then the f*cker flew off and out my window. Luckily I had a passenger who I made get out and look for it while I was waiting for my food... THAT SUCKED! The thing flew pretty far, out the window and into some grass. Luckily my competent passenger recovered it! I guess my 93 L doesn't have that feature!

UPDATE:
The fade button works, DONT PULL HARD ON THE BALANCE ONE! :p The effect is pretty cool...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sh0ck3d said:
Son of a B*TCH! I tried this! It SUCKS!

I was in a Jack in the Box drive through and when I went to turn on the tunes I decided to pull out the balance knob. I thought hey, what the hell...

I was pulling and pulling, and nothing was happening. Then the f*cker flew off and out my window. Luckily I had a passenger who I made get out and look for it while I was waiting for my food... THAT SUCKED! The thing flew pretty far, out the window and into some grass. Luckily my competent passenger recovered it! I guess my 93 L doesn't have that feature!
try the Fader button...cause thats what happened when i tried the Balance button on my radio...but mines didnt fly out the window though :p ....then i tried the fader button and it works

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.