Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just took my factory Cambers out of my car and it show alot of wear and tear on them. The dealer does not sale just cambers but only sale the upper control arm for $215.00 each side. If the camber has wear on it this will cause the tire to wear on the inside. Also the car will start to handle poorly. I went to the junk yard to check on other Legend for this same problem. Out of 5 91 to 93 legend I check all the camber had alot of wear on them. These legend had about 100K to 160K miles on them. I am working with a bushing company to find our size bushing needed to replace at a cheapper price.

Tommy :confused:

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
i knew something was wrong with my camber. i was looking at the tire ware with my wheels at full lock. the very inside, actually the inside shoulder was worn but the rest of the tire is in great shape.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was having the same problem. I got tirer of replacing my tires after 3 to 6 months. The Dealer don't sale just cambers. I am working with a Bushing company to see if i can have the bad cambers replace. $50 bucks is better than $214.00

I do have the tools to replace that one part. I will have pictures later.

Thanks

Tommy :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
i found a place in new york that sellsupper control arms for both sides w/ ball joints for like 90 dollars a side. cuz my ball joints arre clicking bad rite before i come to a complete stop so im gonan take a ride up there soon and buy both sides for 180 dollas wich isnt so bad and they are very easy to replace cause you dont really have to spead the joint... the place is b and b auto parts in nyc.....

718-597-4000
718-597-8263 FAX

does anynoe else have these symtoms of them clicking??? and do you feal your ride quality is baD???? hope this number helps...

·
Registered
85 Posts
So what if I buy a camber kit? does this replace the bad 'cambers"? I know nothing about this!!!! but my handling SUCKS!!!! even with the prelude strut bar and RSR springs......every time i find a rut in the road or a pot hole...my car feels the need to dip or swerve to it or follow the rut...its so scary specially when the cops behind you when u been drinkin at 2 am.............HELP!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I WOULD SAY DO A VAMBER KIT IF YOU CAR IS LWERDED OR YOU ARE PLANING TO LOWER IT AT ALL AND YES A CAMBER KIT DOES REPLACE THE UPPER BALL JOINT BUT U MUST REMBER YOU HAVE LOWER ONES TOO... I WOLUD JUS DO THEM BOUTH AT THE SAME TIME AND YOUR CAR WILL HADLE ALOT BETTER AND FEAL ALOT SMOOTHER ON ROADS.. THAT PLACE I POSTED UP ABOVE IS A GOOD RESOURCE BUT IF YOUR CAR IS LOWERED THIS IS A GOOD OPPRUNITYY RO KILL 2 BIRDS WITH ONE STONE LOL HOPE I HELPED...JON...

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Hey Sane, I live a few blocks from BnB and I'll go take a look at it either monday or tuesday morning. Theres also another place not too far from BnB where they sell items for much cheaper prices and i'll check that out also.

·
Registered
100 Posts
that sounds like a good idea den-ice maybee we can get agroup buy going becaaus eit lookjs like alot of us have this problem... well let me knowe if you fined a place cheaper cause there are really bad on my car and need to be repleaced asap.....jon

·
Registered
847 Posts
sAnE said:
i found a place in new york that sellsupper control arms for both sides w/ ball joints for like 90 dollars a side. cuz my ball joints arre clicking bad rite before i come to a complete stop so im gonan take a ride up there soon and buy both sides for 180 dollas wich isnt so bad and they are very easy to replace cause you dont really have to spead the joint... the place is b and b auto parts in nyc.....

718-597-4000
718-597-8263 FAX

does anynoe else have these symtoms of them clicking??? and do you feal your ride quality is baD???? hope this number helps...
was yours clicking when you accelerate below 10mph?? Mine's doing that and I don't know where it's coming from. Gets totally quite when I'm above 10mph though~

·
Registered
100 Posts
yup youll get a bad click under 10 mph like before u come to a complete stop or even as u acell ffrom a dead stop once in a while these are def. ball joints.. the lower ones dont go thazt baed often the uppers do... jon

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
i have a '94 legend L SEDAN..........................and i also have a clicking sound sometimes when accelerating from a stop, or low speed...........esp wen car is cold..................as u accelerate the clicking gets faster.................its not very loud and it kinda sounds like it comes from the engine bc it gets faster as u speedup........................

and i also have another annoying sound.................its this squealing sound..............coming from my right front wheel area.............hear it loud when coasting and not pressing the gas (no engine noise).............and at lower speeds like below 40 so theres not much wind noise........u can hear the squealing very clearly...................its a rapid squealing sound..........like ee ee ee ee ee ee..................almost sounds like its part of da wheel or something bc its slow if ur going slow and rapid if ur going fast........................

my rotors and pads are good............. i dont know whether its my ball joint, or control arm, or what.................

do u guys think both of these are the same problem?? and whether yes or no, what is the problem then???

and how serious is it and how soon should it be fixed?? i have 98k on my 94 L sedan now and its been there probably for 1000 miles if not more..........................

please help................thanks alot guys

·
Registered
149 Posts
i am interested as well.. but was wondering.. if our legends are lowered and we have a camberkit and also replaced both tie rods in the front... are there still additional bushings i still need to replace? I have 150000 miles ish now on my 91 coupe.

thanks

eric

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello Everyone,

I just heard back from the Bushing Company. They can get us the whole bushing both sides for the front-end of the car for $80.00 bucks and shipping . He advise me if i can get a group buy going he can drop the pice. :eek: Now you need to have a press to get this in. There is NO Drilling :D it will fit into the OEM spot. All you have to to do is press the old one out and press the new one back in. If you don't have a Press I can press it in for you if you willing to send me the old parts back. Once I send you the new ones.

Let me know

Thanks

Tommy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tommy,
can you help answer my question? thanks...

i am interested as well.. but was wondering.. if our legends are lowered and we have a camberkit and also replaced both tie rods in the front... are there still additional bushings i still need to replace? I have 150000 miles ish now on my 91 coupe.

thanks

eric

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eric,

Is your car not driving like it should drop ?? There is a lot more bushing to be replace on the car. I am not sure what the kit comes with. I was going to replace all the bushing on my car first so I can let you all know what bushing it comes with. I know there is one on the frame that need to be replace. Legends that has not been drop like to have trier wear on the inside edge of the tire. No matter how many time you go get an alignment if the cambers are out the alignment is just a waste of money.

If you got Aim just IM me at

got2lovme9

thanks

Tommy

·
Registered
100 Posts
tommy im def dow for this group buy this is upper and lower ball joints for our caR?????? OR IT IS JUST UPPER? WE SHOULD GET THIS GROUP BUT LIKE NOW. CUZ IM DESPRISTE IN NEED FOR BALL JOINTS..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts