Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the piping going to the muffler OEM. Ive been searching and I seen that idealy you want 3" dual tips and 2.5" inlet. But I just want to get the muffler on with the stock piping for now. Can anyone help me out?

Ive been debating on the Magnaflow 14816 or the 14830. Or does anyone know of another magnaflow muffler that they like?

Car almost complete. Then Ill post pics.

·
MAD DOG!
1,673 Posts
they have a 2.5" magnaflow.... just realize it will be relatively loud compared to before. i have it on my car now and i do wish i went with a better muffler. it just might be because of the headers and high flow cat that makes it sometimes unbearably loud

·
Registered
360 Posts
i have the 14815 with a stromung b pipe and a high flow cat and the exhaust isn't bad until you hit certain speeds. like 45 etc. it hits like a mono tone that is earth rattling. i would recomend putting in an extra resonator, or a better muffler that isn't straight through design

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone.

I was actually thinking about getting this muffler, then throwing on my 3.2CLS cat with a pipe that will make up for the differance of the space missing. The CL had really free flowing exhaust so I wonder how that will sound. And hopefully no codes come up. Then yes, maybe another resonater.

Thanks again

And if you did find out that pipe size that would still be very helpful. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.