Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys tell me whats a good quiet exhaust I can put on my car I'm thinking of an aftermarket set up, but it have to be quiet or low I understand they have some sound particularly when you get on it, so I don't expect for it to be as quiet as my stock system at all but you know what I mean. I don't want my Exhaust to get more attention then my car or have little kids on the corner plugging their ears as I pass by.

Oh and no I don't have an aftermarket intake yet, want to do
all my homework first so that when I spend this money it will be money well spent.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
well//

well.. u might want to get an intake first. it sounds like u dont want much noise but still a little bit and when i put my intake on it did just that. It is loud and deep and full throttle but when just cruising it sounds so good but not loud. so i dono its alot cheaper than exhaust i was just telling u. see ya

--cody

·
187 Posts
Remus

To my knowledge, remus is the quietest under 3500 rpm. And when you punch it, its a low deep growl. I was told that under 3000 rpm, it sounds almost bone stock. I'm saving up for a remus as i too am looking for a quiet exhaust. just a note, remus is also the most expensive exhaust for us...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just had a Magnaflow muffler put on with 2.5" piping all the way back and it's a bit louder than stock but very low and not annoying at all. Once you're cruising out on the freeway you can't hear it at all. It looks like very good build quality and has a lifetime warranty on it. All for $200 out the door. I can't find a thing to complain about. Just letting you know.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
magnaflow muffler with 2.5" catback piping all for $200??? how is that possible? that's awesome i paid $150 for just a muffler and installation...where did u get this done? I'm VERY interested in doin this once i find a new legend, also what kind of tip does it have? got any pics?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got it done at a little local shop that does a lot of custom work. It has a polished stainless steel tip and the piping is all mandrel bent. It was about $100 for the muffler, $25 for the tip and $75 for the piping and installation, all told it was $201.24 out the door. I have pics but I haven't gotten a chance to put them up on my website. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do though. If you want to see the pics I can email them to you. Just let me know.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
hey Fun92, yea i'd definitely like to see pics of your install, i called a muffler shop and asked for a quote on a 2.5" catback magnaflow install and they said $325, if i could find it for $200 that would be awesome, thanks again. my email is [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts