Acura Legend Forum banner

exhaust suggestions

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  inferno 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy an exhaust that is a little cheaper than the all-mighty Remus. Any suggestions? I want a classy dual chrome-tip with a low tone and relatively quiet.

Anyone know of any other exhausts like this besides the remus?

Thanks,

#4 ·
The universal Remus from what i've read only supports applications on cars with less than or equal to 150hp. If you try to put it on a car that has a hp rating higher than 150, they claim it won't last as long, and i'm not sure if they guarantee it. I haven't personally seen any use the universal remus, so i couldn't tell you anything else from my experience, this is only what i've read/heard.:)

#5 ·
what about Stromung?

#6 ·
well i've heard stromung is about $400 for the full cat-back, not sure if that's in Inferno's price range but i hear good things about it...for the Legend-specific Remus, i was quoted $499 with shipping included, i might be able to get the price down a lil more, not sure, but even at that price i feel it's a good deal, shop around, don't sell yourself short on your legend, i learned it the hard way, i definitely will only buy the best this time around :)

#7 ·
That's true...I might as well get the Remus...afterall, you get what you pay for.

Only problem is...I have put my number all over the place, looking for a 6-speed coupe/sedan...I dont want to have someone call back with a good deal on a coupe after paying $500 for a Remus for a sedan.

Eh, I would rather have a 6speed sedan anyway...maybe I will go with the Remus now.

Ok, next question...who knows some good places to find a Remus at a good price?

#10 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
How much will a remus cost? I have a GS Sedan. What kind of extension pipe? Is it from remus themselves, or any shop can do it?
I also have the same questions...

#12 ·
That is what I always thought...and I have heard that the Greddy needed the extension...

Now, does anyone know where I can order myself a Remus?

#14 ·
Does anyone else NOT like the Remus look? I love the fact its Legend specific, but I am considering just throwing on dual aftermarket mufflers because the Remus tips are way too ugly... Whats with that squared off look? Looks like it belongs on a 70s Volvo!

-Sh0ck3d

#15 ·
In comes captain save a stromung!

I have the stromung and the only way you will have to pay 400 is if you get the all ss version or the aluminizes with the cat back extension. You can get the legend specific stromung in aluminized for around 300. NickD has the aluminized, maybe ask him about it.

As for the remus it can be had at call them

Future, the remus is a direct bolt on. No extension need. It is not a cat back though. Only axle back.

#16 ·
You can go with the universal magnaflow 14830 street muffler. It's around $120 and has a nice chrome finish. It also won't be much louder than stock.

#17 ·
Sh0ck3d said:
Does anyone else NOT like the Remus look? I love the fact its Legend specific, but I am considering just throwing on dual aftermarket mufflers because the Remus tips are way too ugly... Whats with that squared off look? Looks like it belongs on a 70s Volvo!

-Sh0ck3d
Are you kidding me? I guess it's about personal preference, I love the remus dual-squaured tips, looks classy, but sport, perfect for the Legend, which is a luxury car. I think single fat pipes belong on Civics etc...

#18 ·
I don't like that Remus look either. Square exhaust tips just dont look right to me on an import.

#22 ·
DSMKiller said:
The universal Remus from what i've read only supports applications on cars with less than or equal to 150hp. If you try to put it on a car that has a hp rating higher than 150, they claim it won't last as long, and i'm not sure if they guarantee it. I haven't personally seen any use the universal remus, so i couldn't tell you anything else from my experience, this is only what i've read/heard.:)
It just dawned on me that the Remus universal muffler is rated in Kilowatts. No wonder there's so much confusion, 150 Kw is 201.15 hp. I remembered the pamphlet that came with my Legend-specific is rated in Kw.

HP to KW HP + 1.341 = KW
KW to HP KW x 1.341 = HP

Im 99% sure the universal muffler is not rated at 150 hp....Another mystery solved. As for the difference, Im sure the universal is not tuned for the Legend and would probably be louder.

#23 ·
back to the remus... i am positive that with the sedan, you have to get a 4 inch extension in order for it to work. the remus was originally designed for the coupe, and the sedan is exactly 4 inches longer in body length (thus requiring the extension pipe). the extension is something that any muffler shop can take care of, as it is not very difficult for them to make. if you want confirmation as to the fitment and needing an extension pipe, ask any of the old-timers (old as forum-member length, not age : ) ) such as acuralegend.com, davec, chrisk, legendgs etc. legendgs actually has a remus on his gs sedan, so he would be the best one to ask.

wally

#24 ·
Any idea where I could pick up that Magnaflow for a good price. I like the way it looks...and I dont want to buy something as pricey as the Remus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.