Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to upgrade my complete stock 92 legend ls coupe, with a new exhaust system, i wana gain low end torque, and increase all around hp, straight through is the way to go, but i don't want an extremely obnoxious exhaust, any suggestions? i could really use them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Visit...

http://www.legendtuner.com/

select upgrades, and then under engine select exhaust.

I could comment further about what an exhaust will or will not do for you... but its best for you to read and gather an overall impression because... unless you get better aspiration and fuel mapping (chip) I'm wondering if you are aware that any increase in performance (from just an exhaust) will be minimal if not transparent.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
If you want the max gain for our Legends than there is only one exhaust-The Greddy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had already, read the nsx files, and exhaust files, and i kno greddy is the way to go, but from what i hear with greddy you lose some low end torque but gain higher end hp, it is also a little to expensive for me, i live in the city making more higher end hp sorta insignificant to me, and in response to your reply about the chip from what ive read the Bayou chip and dinan chip don't really do much cause they weren't designed to well for the legend, they also seem to be ridiculously overpriced, i plan on also purchasing a custom CAI and Hedders to go along wiht my exhaust. so any other suggestions i could really use them. i may be wrong if am please correct me. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Legendriver86 said:
Im looking to upgrade my complete stock 92 legend ls coupe, with a new exhaust system, i wana gain low end torque, and increase all around hp, straight through is the way to go, but i don't want an extremely obnoxious exhaust, any suggestions? i could really use them.
I just installed the Greddy on my 95 LS coupe 6sp. The first thing I could say about Greddy is that it is really "LOUD" compare to OEM exhaust. It completely changed the personality of the quiet and smooth sailing of the Legend. You can definitely feel and hear it within the cabin. I have to turn the volume up some to cover the exhaust note at times. The car is now pretty bassy and throaty, but it's not extremely obnoxious. The best I like about the Greddy is when I turn on the igition, ohhhh, it sounded very deep and strong when the engine comes alive. :p At high speed, said, above 55+ or so, the car feels stronger and can accelerate with blenty of juice left. As for the low end torque, I don't notice that much of a difference. Overall, if you want others to know that you're coming or leaving them behind, Greddy is it. I've also heard Remus is a popular exhaust on the forum, but not as loud as the Greddy. Anyhow, I say go for it if you can for go the quietness and the calm Legend is badged for. I kind of miss the tranquility that I was used to in the Legend, but I'll adjust to the sportiness of the Greddy.

One other thing I noticed from my experience is that Legend with Greddy is actually louder than supra tt with HKS dragger exhaust (observed from within the cabin of 95 Legend LS coupe 6sp and 98 supra tt 6sp) :confused:. I think it's just my experience.

regards,

________
eddie
95 LS 6sp

·
Registered
744 Posts
Legendriver86, Hmmm....

Laughing... I read the files myself, and have concluded REMUS was the way to go. Stock look (so, I don't looked muffed out), sound is definitely not as LOUD as the Greddy - and the difference in numbers isn't going to change JACK SHE~ITE.

Anytime you open up the back pressure... you are going to loose a little low end.

What I don't understand about comments like... "i live in the city making more higher end hp sorta insignificant to me"

Are you referring to your interest in low end torque because you can't open her up in the city?

This may be true... if I assume that you have an automatic(?)... because one... a race is not won below 4k RPM - even from one city block to the other.

I'm saying this because like eddie said... the drop in numbers from a new can (OR catback pipe + new axle back can) might be felt, but is not significant.

I have to laugh at your comment about the Bayou chip - one... we did a group buy for $250.00 and two... I really don't think you want to line up with someone (like myself) who's Legend has been chip'd. What I am saying is... if you compare EXACTLY alike Legends (year, mileage, condition) and one has been chipped... Your gonna get humbled. If you don't believe me... your in D.C. ... I'm in Northern VA... we can line em up a few times. (PM me if your interested)

Somebody replied about about torque dropping at HIGH RPMS in reference to negating the bayou chip. Well, I have to say this. I can get up to 7.5K very quickly, and if I bang the next gear at those RPMs (which I have) I am immediately in the RPM sweet spot for the next gear.

Also... if you plan on doing the CAI and custom headers... you will quickly learn that you will need something (I.E. a chip) to change your fuel mapping and with all that invested in CAI and custom headers.... and from reading your email.... you got fatbacks in yo wallet!

IMO - while an intake and exhaust do improve OVERALL performance, they mean little by themselves... with the exception of the chip. Now... if you add them all up... she~ite... your gonna be able to school someone.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KNLNGUS said:

Also... if you plan on doing the CAI and custom headers... you will quickly learn that you will need something (I.E. a chip) to change your fuel mapping and with all that invested in CAI and custom headers.

KNLNGUS
I was wondering what had happened to the thread that someone had posted about copying the bayou chip, were you part of that group? If anyone knows anything bout that email me or PM me. thanks

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
( One other thing I noticed from my experience is that Legend with Greddy is actually louder than supra tt with HKS dragger exhaust (observed from within the cabin of 95 Legend LS coupe 6sp and 98 supra tt 6sp) . I think it's just my experience. )

FYI....Turbos cut down the exhaust pulse in the exhaust, so Turbo cars have quieter exhausts, apples to apples

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.