Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Leon, recently put up a process about this, but I am still confused.

On my G1, you just turn on the power, and look at the footwell, there's a plexiglass window there that flashes codes.

What's the process on the G2? I heard something about a service switch??? Where do the codes flash? I looked at the footwell, it looks like it would flash there too like my G1??

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
No, on a G2, you have to jump a small service connector that is in the passenger footwell, usually attached to the top of the ECU (under the carpet).

Simply jump it with a paper clip or something. The check engine light will flash the codes, and I THINK that the D4 light will flash the transmission codes.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is VERY useful, I will definately check it out. Why did they do this? Doesn't it make sense to have the computer be constantly looking at stuff and reporting them as they occur?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Small Service Connector"

Am I looking for a cable then? Like a wiring harness?

I pulled back the passenger footwell carpet, I see a little plexiglass window w/led in it... what's that? Looks like the one in my G1 Coupe, couldn't find much more.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
You're looking at the ECU. :)

The small service connector should be (but may not be) attached to the top edge of that box. It is just looks like a small gray plug that isn't connected to anything.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I saw it, i put a paper clip into it (jumped it)

Didn't notice anything different (Flashing etc) so I guess that's a good thing right?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Make sure that you have the key to the ON position (car doesn't have to be started).

If all is OK, there shouldn't be any flashing. In fact, if your check engine light wasn't on to begin with, you should get any flashing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts