Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Black said:
I ran across this site and was wondering if anyone had experience with them and/or their work?

http://www.extrudehone.com/

Cheers,
-Black
What up BLACK!
WTF are you using that site for? Are you looking for a particular tool? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no tools for me.
Just looking for someone that's good at what they do, and their method kind of caught my eye. I thought about doing the work myself, but just decided it would be easier to pay someone to do it.

-Black

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
The famous Alexei had his G1 intake extrudehoned. A proven process for complex parts that are not easy to port and polish.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Extrudehone has been around for a long time and their work is impeccable. Cars appearing in speed magazines frequently feature components that have been extrudehoned.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
A very proven process that will defenitaly increase the performance of your car. These people sound like they know what they are doing.

I checked out their price list..... damn expensive. It would cost you almost $2000 to get your manifolds and heads done by these guys. But if you have the $$$$ then go for it:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Their definitely not the cheapest, nor the most expensive.

As the old adage goes, "You get what you pay for."

-Black

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Part of what makes the Extrudehone process expensive is the restriction plates that need to be engineered and bolted into place where the putty exits. Unless you have something common like a small-block Chevy, they have to design and make a plate to fit your application.

It is a cool process though. It has the ability to enlarge and "polish" ports and runners where regular hog tools can't reach. I think this process was originally designed for the jet engine industry.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Black said:
I ran across this site and was wondering if anyone had experience with them and/or their work?

http://www.extrudehone.com/

Cheers,
-Black
their stuff works!!!
a guy I knew had his head and manifold done on a LS/VTEC, and was running 12.0 all motor in a gutted 92 Civic HB (his motor was built with 12.5:1 compression and some mean cams too but he said the high end impoved greatly when he had the head and manifold done)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts