Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get out of work, and I wanted to show my friends the newly installed (yesterday) alarm/remote start that I got put on my 88 5 speed.

I fire it up, it takes off b/c its in MUTHER F*CKING 2ND GEAR.

She went into a brick wall at 15 MPH.

TOTALLED.

NO HOWS THAT FOR A ****ING SHI*TY NIGHT?

Pete

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
ey.
you're safe right?

get another legend.
those things can be replaced.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i second that...a car is just a car...it can be replaced...at least ur alright bro...sh!t happens......

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loved that car to death. At least im not hurt. I was actually hanging in the window trying to steer it (the window was down). But the wheel was locked and there was nothing I could do.

This sucks.

Pete

·
Registered
31 Posts
That totally sucks dude, I know how you feel....totalled one of my cars. It fishtailed, hit the car next to me (who was an off duty cop...oh and my insurance agents daughter) and ran it into a tree. Was not fun...but I wasnt hurt. After the initial shock you will realize cars are replaceable not people : ) Good luck w/the next Legend!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey pete, if you feel like doing a little work i have a 88 legend, body is in pretty damn good condtion, so maybe you can do a little swapping and have your legend back.

·
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,143 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man but your'e not really alone but I did a light matrix move and save mine. Picture me slow motion ... restart start standing about five legend sedan length........ car jumps off in 1st gear .... me "oohhh sh!!ttttt" ......... start to sprint..... "pop-pop"disarm doors... open door, jump in car, slam on brake ... uuhhhh. It less than an inch way from my neighbors gate ...
Wait there is more ... dreamt about it yes I did ... woke up ...restart car ... immediately had a flash back of dream so I ran to the window and to my surprize I saw the same things I dreamt about " smokes from tires (ebrake was up) and the car is the backyard under the tree that it hit ...luckly the soil was wet so the back tires started to dig a path in ground by the time it hit the tree (picture this)passenger front tire was completely off the ground the driver side in a hole and had a big patch of soil form spinning in the same place too long digging a hole and two long tire path in the soil from back wheels draging. The soil hold back the car though only a bumper scratch from this though.

·
Registered
965 Posts
sadredlegend said:
hey pete, if you feel like doing a little work i have a 88 legend, body is in pretty damn good condtion, so maybe you can do a little swapping and have your legend back.
lol.. again..

·
'hood Garage
3,154 Posts
This is why most installers will not put remote start on a manual car. I always leave the car in neutral when parked, without thought, if you don't why get remote start?

Sorry about your Leg, get a G2.....

·
Spiral descent
4,997 Posts
whyteLegend Wait there is more ... dreamt about it yes I did ... woke up ...restart car ... immediately had a flash back of dream so I ran to the window and to my surprize I saw the same things I dreamt about " smokes from tires (ebrake was up) and the car is the backyard under the tree that it hit ...luckly the soil was wet so the back tires started to dig a path in ground by the time it hit the tree (picture this)passenger front tire was completely off the ground the driver side in a hole and had a big patch of soil form spinning in the same place too long digging a hole and two long tire path in the soil from back wheels draging. The soil hold back the car though only a bumper scratch from this though.[/QUOTE said:
So, it did hit a tree, or you were just dreaming that it did? Or did you do the same thing twice, but the second time it hit the tree?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.