Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get out of work, and I wanted to show my friends the newly installed (yesterday) alarm/remote start that I got put on my 88 5 speed.

I fire it up, it takes off b/c its in MUTHER F*CKING 2ND GEAR.

She went into a brick wall at 15 MPH.

TOTALLED.

NO HOWS THAT FOR A F*CKING SHI*TY NIGHT?

Pete

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That sucks dude... :mad: :( but are you sure you got the right one installed?

I know its a dumb question but read this..

A guy brings his brand new dodge 1 ton deisel to zeibart for some work. It had a factory installed remote starter. It is brand new, like from the dealership to zeibart new. Anyways, one of the techs accidently pressed the start button while it was in his pocket and the truck fired up inside the shop. The truck was a 5spd manual, and the tech left it in gear... just because its the thing to do with a manual, right??

Anyways, this massive dodge truck is stuck in gear, wheels turning full bore against the lift poll, absolutely destroying the shop. I dont remember how they said it turned off, but they managed.

Anyways, it turned out that the dealership, or dodge, had installed an automatic starter on the manual truck. The owner of zeibart held the dealership responsible for all the damage, and they gladly paid as there was luckly no one hurt.

I know that a manual starter has more safety checks to go through before it can start than its auto version.

Disregard this if you have the right starter, but it is proof that sometimes things dont go as planned.

Good luck fixing your legend:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is...Its made for an automatic, which I new full well b/c my car doesn't have a clutch switch, and will start without the clutch being down. So, in my case, it would go if it were in gear.

I had to sign a waiver from the local place that installed it for this EXACT reason.

I am more pissed off at myself b/c of my own stupidity more than anything.

I just can't believe this happened. Its like a bad fu*cking dream or somthing.

And theres no way im fixing it, its def. totalled. What it would cost to get fixed would greatly outweigh the blue book value, I would imagine.

Pete

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well, that leaves no recourse really..... I feel bad for you, that really bites. I have been driving like a nut lately cuz the roads are drying off, and I think I dont want to do that anymore becasue I want to keep my legend.

Did the shops fully explain the details of what you were signing and why you were signing it?

I hope you can fix your car or get a new one or something... I hate hearing baout people that lose there carz... Keep your head up:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really didnt' even read it, it was a bunch of scribbling on a paper. It basically said "I agree to take responsibilty...blah..blah.." somthing along those lines. Im sure that my insurance company will fight this, but I don't know what the store will do...I might get wacked or somthing...

Pete

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss pete, and I cant even imagine how you feel but next time just try not to do something like that with a manual and stick with a manual remote than an auto if you have a manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts