Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 94 Legend 4DR GS 6-speed Type-II a week ago and am having some problems with the factory Theft-Deterrent System (Alarm). I read in the owners manual that the alarm should sound if the doors are opened without the key and should not sound when the doors are opened with the key. My problem is that EVERY TIME I UNLOCK MY CAR FROM THE OUTSIDE (EITHER DOOR) WITH THE KEY THE ALARM SOUNDS. Is there a secret to this? What am I doing wrong? I really am emabarassed that this is happening each time.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
It sounds like your door lock actuators have gone bad. All you can do is replace them. To temporarily disable the alarm you can do it with a paperclip. Pop the hood and feel behind the latch for the wire. Disconect it and stick a paperclip bent in a U into the female end that goes under the radiator. Tape it all up with electricla tape and you are done. Your alarm will now think your hood is always open and never arm.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
105 Posts
my factory alarm tends to go off when unlocking with the key sometimes, and while I'm sure the other guys are right for a permanent solution, you can try my free method: everytime I used the key to unlock the door, I got in the habit of turning the key to the right twice instead of once. If you notice that after unlocking the door with the key, the alarm goes off, and to stop it you just unlock the door again with the key, then this should work for you. It's at the point where I don't even notice I do it - stick the key in, two quick turns to the right, and never hear my alarm again!

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
sweds10 said:
my factory alarm tends to go off when unlocking with the key sometimes, and while I'm sure the other guys are right for a permanent solution, you can try my free method: everytime I used the key to unlock the door, I got in the habit of turning the key to the right twice instead of once. If you notice that after unlocking the door with the key, the alarm goes off, and to stop it you just unlock the door again with the key, then this should work for you. It's at the point where I don't even notice I do it - stick the key in, two quick turns to the right, and never hear my alarm again!
pretty soon, your going to be unlocking the door from the passenger side...and then its just a matter of time before you have to replace the actuator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.