Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was answering a question on the other forums and it had occurred to me to think what does the factory alarm protect?

This is the list I came up with (are there any more items it protects?):

<all of these will make the alarm go off while armed>

A) Doors unlocked from inside and opened.
B) The windows (all which includes WindShield, Defroster Window, Driver & Passenger Side Window, and Rear Passenger Windows (including quarter panel windows for coupes) are shattered.
C) The hood is pried open.
D) The battery terminals are removed and replaced (of course this isn't removed while it is armed, but it will go off)

The trunk?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,230 Posts
i dont know about the trunk, i figure if you pop the trunk with a crowbar, it will probably go off. Somebody go outside and try that. just kidding, that would suck.
BTW, yes, i am the real slim shady
peace
Tnelson

BTW it really doesnt protect anything, ive heard of like 5 people getting their stuff jacked, probably more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
tnelson said:
i dont know about the trunk, i figure if you pop the trunk with a crowbar, it will probably go off. Somebody go outside and try that. just kidding, that would suck.
BTW, yes, i am the real slim shady
peace
Tnelson

BTW it really doesnt protect anything, ive heard of like 5 people getting their stuff jacked, probably more
Yes, you are right, if the trunk is forced open when the alarm is armed, it will go off.
Also I don't think the stock alarm has shock sensors for windows.
 

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
Joined
·
4,471 Posts
The factory alarm being very primitive, and doesn´t have any interior sensor. It´s only senses, if the door have been opened without the use of a key (factory keyless). Or, if the car is started without a key. Most of the Legend models have no glass break sensors or vibration sensors built into the factory system. But some models, they have glass break sensors (i.e. European versions). Hope this helps...

Mike / Cologne (Germany)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Factory Alarm - what does it really protect?

MikeD said:
The factory alarm being very primitive, and doesn´t have any interior sensor. It´s only senses, if the door have been opened without the use of a key (factory keyless). Or, if the car is started without a key. Most of the Legend models have no glass break sensors or vibration sensors built into the factory system. But some models, they have glass break sensors (i.e. European versions). Hope this helps...
Thanks all for the answers. It helps! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Knowledge

I'm saddend/ashamed/dissapointed to know exactly how to bypass the factory security and steal a Legend. I've been working with Blakura to restore his Legend from a Recovered Theft and learned how to get in and hot wire it.

Its wicked easy :( Don't ask me how because I won't post such information but in one minute some a-hole could steal our babies. :mad:
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
Re: Re: Factory Alarm - what does it really protect?

MikeD said:
The factory alarm being very primitive, and doesn´t have any interior sensor. It´s only senses, if the door have been opened without the use of a key (factory keyless). Or, if the car is started without a key. Most of the Legend models have no glass break sensors or vibration sensors built into the factory system. But some models, they have glass break sensors (i.e. European versions). Hope this helps...

Mike / Cologne (Germany)
Being even more primitive, the OEM alarm will go off if you attempt to start the car while armed even with the OEM key. The OEM alarm does have a starter kill as well, but it can easily be defeated since its location in listed in the Helm service manual.
 

·
Honda 4 L*fe
Joined
·
454 Posts
Yeah, how do you think I got my new Legend? j/k. Someone else stole it out of chicago and then the cops got it, sent it to ins. co., dealer bought it now i bought it really cheap. Good deal for me, too bad for the original owner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
so a jerkoff can steal my wheels and my alarm wont go off?
is that what everyone saying?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
Re: Re: Factory Alarm - what does it really protect?

MikeD said:
It´s only senses, if the door have been opened without the use of a key (factory keyless).
You can pop/pick the lock and the alarm won't go off as well. That's how the stupid theif stole my stuff last time~ Never trust factory alarm systems.
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
acura type r said:
so a jerkoff can steal my wheels and my alarm wont go off?
is that what everyone saying?
Yes. Pretty much. He can jack up your car, take the rims, drop the car back on the ground, then smash the window, crawl inside and steal anything he wants in the car that can fit through the window and the OEM alarm will never make a peep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
ok when first got my car my friend was commenting ont he huge size of my trunk.....he then proceded to get in...halfway getting inthe alarm went off...so i think there is something in the trunk that has to do with the alarm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uroutfoxed02 said:
ok when first got my car my friend was commenting ont he huge size of my trunk.....he then proceded to get in...halfway getting inthe alarm went off...so i think there is something in the trunk that has to do with the alarm
The only time the alarm won't go on is when the trunk lid is open, otherwise, when the alarm is already armed, I can go ahead and use my key to open it without having it go off. Strange.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
A little tip for you all. When you exit your car make sure you pul your steering into the lock position. That helps!! Believe me.

I'm not proud of this, but I did a lot of dirt in my younger day (13,14,15 yrs old) and you'd be amazed at how many people don't utilize that feature.

Hell, even these aftermarket alarms aren't 100 proof. The old ceramic spark plug trick takes care of the shock sensors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
im just goin to throw the club on there and get one of those lock that lock your brake.
cant afford an aftermarket alarm rite now
 

·
92 LS *o*pe
Joined
·
466 Posts
The only good thing about the factory alarm is the keyless entry part THAT's IT!
The legend has one of the most easiest factory alarm to dissable. Coming from an installer i can probably disable it with my pocket knife and no i'm not going to tell you how.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top