Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PSP sold on ebay. I get this confirmation that he sent me 300. Sold it for 200 and he gave 100 because of shipping to Nigeria? I have been talking to him through e-mail and he seems legit. But "paypal" says they wont pay me until they get a tracking #. U guys experience this at all?

The e-mail:
Shipping Information
Shipping Address:
Verified.

SIGNED:pAY PAL ACCOUNTANT
Address: K Mary
No 1 Ezekiel St
Ikeja,Lagos

Nigeria, 100001

Address Status: Confirmed

What to Do Next
--------------------------
The fund has been deducted from the buyer's account and will be credited into your account immediately the shipment is confirmed .Get back to us with the shipping tracking number and the money will be credited immediately. Mail the tracking number to our Shipment verification department at([email protected]). this is to prevent both the buyer's and the seller's from Fraudlent activities
Note: The funds will be Credited into the seller's account once the shipment has been verified. This action is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer's interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities,and you can consult out customer care service at this email ([email protected])
------------------------------------------
Please respond within the next 24hrs.

The "official" PayPal corporate offices are at:
Centennial Hall 128
1000 S. Franklin Kirksville, MO 63501
Thank you for using paypal ® .
We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.
Sincerely,
Gene Braint
Paypal Customer Care,
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Official PayPal Seal
PAY PAL PAYMENT VERIFIED
Pay Pal and eBay Transaction confirmed!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
lol. i seen alot on TV that alot of scams come from Nigeria. and i mean a whole lot. and when you are in yahoo chatroom, alot of people from Nigeria bugs the crap out of you just to scam you.
not saying you got scam but, you never know.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. i seen alot on TV that alot of scams come from Nigeria. and i mean a whole lot. and when you are in yahoo chatroom, alot of people from Nigeria bugs the crap out of you just to scam you.
not saying you got scam but, you never know.
yeah that seemed weird. He claims his daughter works in the embassy and its her b-day gift. What throws me is the paypal crap..I only get paid if I give a shipping #???

·
NBP...
4,154 Posts
This is a SCAM. When I was selling my PSP, a dude bought it and started sending me emails about all that Nigeria bullshit. Then he sent me an email that looked like paypal emails do, saying that my account has been reported and will get canceled. So I responded to that email telling him to go fuck himself and he never replied.

I reported him to ebay and relisted the item

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
573 Posts
Honestly I would probably refuse it and reopen the auction. But if someone has gone through with something like this then feel free to chime in with your experience...

Edit: whoa, 3 posts within 1 minute :lol: nix him.

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
IMO it is fake because you should never send something then get paid for it afterward. THats just asking to be ripped off.

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
573 Posts
Ship him a box full of AIDS

Or maybe anthrax

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMO it is fake because you should never send something then get paid for it afterward. THats just asking to be ripped off.
Thats what I was concerned about.. heres the e-mails

It alright as soon as you ship it email them the shipment tracking number ok..and also let me know too ok.
Thanks.
John..

On 5/26/08, Greg Gilbert <[email protected]> wrote:

O, ok, weird, I guess it's a new policy, will ship out in the am. Thanks again! Greg

--- On Mon, 5/26/08, John Kelvin <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Please send me total amount for eBay item #130223835272, Sony PSP 1001K - Handheld game system
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, May 26, 2008, 12:35 PM

Hello.
Thankds for the mail.. i get a notice from paypal tell me that the money have been deducted frrom my account to be credited to your account that as soon as you get the item ship and you email them the shipment tracking number that is when your account will be credit that the money will be on pending sitll when you email them the tracking number for verification ok..that is all i get from them ok..
Thanks.

On 5/26/08, Greg Gilbert <[email protected]> wrote:

I got your payment notice through paypal and will wait till it is confirmed. This is going to Nigeria instead of Florida now? Please allow time for paypal to let payment go through and then I will check and see if usps is open today. If not then I will ship out next thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Greg Gilbert

--- On Mon, 5/26/08, John Kelvin <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Please send me total amount for eBay item #130223835272, Sony PSP 1001K - Handheld game system
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, May 26, 2008, 8:21 AM

Hello,
Greetings to you.I am John Kelvin from USA,I'm contacting you concerning your item on Ebay which i eventually became the winning bidder for your item.Morever i'm presently in London on a business trip and i intend sending this item to my daughter who works with the American Embassy in Lagos,Nigeria as a surprise birthday gift,I will be making my payment to you via PayPal and also will be paying you $100 for the shipping cost,So get the package ready for immediate or next day shipment okay?and don't forget to send me your PayPal Email Address so i can immediately make out my payment.Please i want the item to be shipped via Express Mail International®EMS EMS 3 to 5 business day delivering( USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) ).Please mail me now Cause it`s urgently needed.
Regards
NB: Below is my daughter shipping address so calculate it and let me know the total cost .....
Name....... K Mary
Address..... No 1 Ezekiel St
City............Ikeja
State...........Lagos
Zip/code.....100001
Country...........Nigeria
Phone number...2348083249588

Thanks & Hope to hear from you soonest.

John Kelvin

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 6:20 AM, eBay Member: j.k602 <[email protected]> wrote:

Please send me the total amount for my item.

Dear gsg737,
I have purchased the following item on eBay from you. Please send me the total amount I owe you.
Please send me the total amount for my eBay item
You can send me an invoice easily by clicking Send Invoice below.

Send Invoice
Item # Item Title Qty. Price
130223835272 Sony PSP 1001K - Handheld game system 1 US $200.00
I would like to have the item shipped to the address below:
John Kelvin
43 green meadow
Florida, NY 10921
United States
(524) 654-7684
Thank you.
j.k602

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.
This eBay notice was sent to [email protected] based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright ©1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i smell BS from a mile away. making you send it to florida, then they will send it to nigeria. thats the same crap i seen on TV. they always reroute the destination to a city in american, then they send it to Nigeria . and the product never makes it to that address, someone will snatch it right when it leaves the plane.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys.. I was skeptic but wasn't for sure..just reported that f*cker! Now I just need ebay to respond

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Done and done..
Dear ,

Thanks for taking an active role by reporting suspicious-looking emails.
The email you forwarded to us is a phishing email, and our security team
is working to disable it.

-------------------------
What is a phishing email?
-------------------------
Phishing emails attempt to steal your identity and will often ask you to
reveal your password or other personal or financial information. PayPal
will never ask for your password over the phone or in an email and will
always address you by your first and last name.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
the real John Kelvin probably lives in Florida, and this Nigerian dude is using his account. if this dude is Nigerian why such an english name. hes bouncing this shipment to Nigeria because hes probably hacking John Kelvins account.

contact paypal to make sure they investigate.

i once purchased 2 CD's from this seller in Canada, never got them, paypal closed his account and everyone who purchased from him lost, no buyer protection at all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
its a scam, as we all know. I almost lost an ipod because of these cheap, unworthy people. I had to run the the post office to take it back, minutes before closing time.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
You should continue to email and f*k with the guy....tell him you ran into a problem with customs and will require an additional $250 to clear the PSP for shipment. Have him send it Western Union to get his daughter her new PSP ASAP.

·
B.K.A Runa
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok ebay seriously sucks! I got my insertation fee back and I re listed it and ANOTHER FRAUDER BOUGHT IT!!! ahhhh you can't even sell anything on ebay anymore!!! time for craigslist!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts