Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did look under the catagory of Related Problems and is this the Case.

1995 Legend Sedan, Turning on the Fan and some noise coming from it
as time goes on, getting louder, Finally, Just went out and now fan to
push the Heat, AC is history.......

Sounds like a blown Fan Motor to me... I've heard that the dash has to be pulled to do this. Think I just saw the Tutorial on this... I checked on a few prices on this and Not Cheap. $800.00 and up..
Someone mentioned that if your going to replace the switch that you should also replace the ( what was it ) Relay switch? since they go hand in hand..
I don't think it was a Relay but something else..

Suggestions would be appreciated !!!!

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
If you're talking about the blower motor, you don't have to pull the dash, just the glove box/kick panel on the passenger side. really easy to do. And shouldn't cost anywhere near $800 if you DIY.

·
MAD DOG!
1,673 Posts
you sure its not the blower resistor??? does it work on high only or just doesnt work at all? three trim screws on the bottom of the pass. kick panel. four bolts holding in glove box and your in. removing the blower cage should be straight forward. plug the brown plug straight to the battery and see if it is blown or not. get yourself a repair manual.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
If the you are not getting any air/heat then the blower motor is probably toast. Should be able to pick up a whole used assembly for about $75 or if you prefer to pull the assembly apart you can get a new motor for around $100-120 on ebay. As noted above by samblaze, it is a simple replacement, should be no more than an hour for an experienced mechanic. Once you've done it 2-3 times you should be able to do it in less than an hour without any problems. The other possible problem would be the transistor as noted by dgandul, the normal symptom being the blower only runs at high speed. It is there next to the blower assembly and held on by two screws/bolts.

Here are a couple of reference pics:
Blower assy:

Transistor:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW !! you guys are great !!:bowdown:

This is the Wifes car and she just mentioned to me today that she turned on
the dial for the blower to start up and did start to get a sound ( kind of loud)
indicating that the motor was kicking in but, still not shooting out any forced air..... hmm....:confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to mention, Initally, this started off by, when turning the dial up to blow more air/ heat in the car, I would get this kind of hmm.. The more
that the dial was turned up ( more heat etc.) the louder the hmm would be.
This was going on for a while yr. or so. Finally the other day, there was just nothing, no sound , no air/ heat being forced into the car etc...
What is the purpose of the "Transistor" ?? The guy at the dealership mentioned about if your going to replace the motor, then replace the Transistor as well ( $200.00 extra ) YIKES !!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.