Acura Legend Forum banner

Fans dont work

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SUBURBANLEGEND 
#1 ·
Fans arent comming on, the fans work, the fan control unit is good? relays are good, does anyone know what the problem is?

#2 ·
sounds like an air bubble stopping you thermostat from opening.. run the car to operating temp and check your bottom radiator hose to see if its getting warm. if not then its a bubble and you need to bleed it.. i went through the same probs

#7 ·
Turn on your A/C if both fans turn on (this is normal) then it is temp sensor related (air in the hose) or faulty temp sensor on bottom of radiator. To check the fan control unit you need to short across the temp sensor and if the fans turn on the control unit is ok.

#9 ·
Fans don't work sometimes?

I JUST got my car back from the shop after 2 and 1/2 weeks. The gasket blew and I wouldn't leave until they fixed it. While I was there waiting for the air to bleed out of the system, I noticed that my fans wuld not come on. But they did come on every tm I cut them off? Weird huh? Is this normal? I have never had an Over heating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.