Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my nitrous up and running for a while now and I've never really given it a good test to see how much faster the car is, so today I decided it was time. Me and my friend who drives a Mustang Bullitt (Limited Edition GT for those of you who don't know) went out and had a go at it. Just as a point of reference, we've raced before and he took me by about 10 city blocks, it was embarassing. But this time, I stayed with him and lost by what I think is a pretty respectable two car lengths or so. When he took the Bullitt to the track, he ran a 14.2 while not being able to get any traction (stock tires). So I figure that my car must be runnin about 14.3-14.5 now. Considering that the wheels want to do nothing but peel out under the nitrous boost, I figure a good set of drag radials could get me into low 14's or high 13's. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

-GR

BTW, can't wait to take it out to the track, get an actual ET and see the original Legend pimps, Ricdogg and Dv8. You guys rock!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Low 14's/high 13's in a Type I with only Nitrous and intake?:confused:

I really doubt it:rolleyes: Probably high 14's or even low 15's

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
Probably high 14's or even low 15's
there's your motivation GenIILegend

& to Mr. WhiteLegend, why do you 'really doubt' that a low 14 is possible?

I'll be there by the end of the season, & im only going to be using an 80 shot.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm not the type of person to argue until I have a time slip to back it up. The low 14's thing was just a guess because drag radials do make a good deal of difference.

RICDOGG said:

there's your motivation GenIILegend
You know it man, the people that say you can't do it are usually the reason you can. Besides, there's quite a bit more to come before my Legend is a finished product. Hopefully by then I'll be in the 14's all motor :D . Anyway, thanks for the support Ricdogg.

-GR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.