Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-Aww Dip-
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe nobody has posted about this yet!

Two bills have been introduced to congress as of April 17. The first wants to federally decriminalize marijuana and the second wants to protect legal medical users under state laws against DEA raids. The decriminalization bill is the first of its kind since 1937.

Federal Decriminalization Bill
Federal Decriminalization Bill Introduced -- Bill Would End Federal Authority to Arrest Adults for Pot Possession - NORML

Medical User Protection Bill
Federal Medical Marijuana Bill Introduced by Rep. Ron Paul - NORML

If you want to do something to help pass these bills
https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site...mepage&page=UserAction&id=177&autologin=false

This may or may not be something historic in the making....

Discuss.

·
makes his putts....
710 Posts
The current war on drugs is an enormous waste of money and resources. I hope this bill passes, and if it doesn't, I hope NORML keeps with it. There are too many non-violent marijuana users locked up. Its amazing that this country focuses on harsh legal punishment instead of dependancy treatment for all people addicted to drugs. It blows me away that weed is considered such a terrible drug out on the street, meanwhile you have 16,17, 18 year old kids addicted to oxycoton, xanax, aderall, and all sorts of farmies. Obviously pharmaceutical drug companies are in cahoots with the right people...

A little story- my buddy got caught with some weed and was arrested. Spent a night in jail and had to pay 1700$ in fines. Part of his punishment was to see a drug "counselor". The counselor recommended this certain doctor for him to go to. The doctor assessed that my buddy was depressed, and gave him a big bottle of xanax with plenty of refills. Now my buddy sits on the couch, droooling on himself, staring at the tv all day long. I see him in this vegetable state think how can that be better than just smoking some weed?
Because everyone involved makes lots of money on him being addicted to this drug now.

Props to NORML, and Ron Paul

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Don't forget the cash cow that is the prison system. How many prisons can you think of that have shut down? You legalize even just marijuana, and the private agencies that build and run the prison systems and all of their lobby money will make quick work of whomever is responsible.

·
Cassis Red Pearl
625 Posts
DevanTheDude: The current war on drugs is an enormous waste of money and resources. I hope this bill passes, and if it doesn't, I hope NORML keeps with it. There are too many non-violent marijuana users locked up. Its amazing that this country focuses on harsh legal punishment instead of dependancy treatment for all people addicted to drugs.
Word Up.
This bill needs to pass. If not, NORML definately does need to keep with it. And I'm sure they will NORML, with the help of politicians such as Ralph Nader and more recently Ron Paul has made significant strides in the past in reforming Marijuana laws.

Viewing Marijuana as any more harmful to self or society than Alcohol is JUST PLAIN IGNORANT. Why is it handled any differently as a controlled substance?

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,373 Posts
The current war on drugs is an enormous waste of money and resources. I hope this bill passes, and if it doesn't, I hope NORML keeps with it. There are too many non-violent marijuana users locked up. Its amazing that this country focuses on harsh legal punishment instead of dependancy treatment for all people addicted to drugs. It blows me away that weed is considered such a terrible drug out on the street, meanwhile you have 16,17, 18 year old kids addicted to oxycoton, xanax, aderall, and all sorts of farmies. Obviously pharmaceutical drug companies are in cahoots with the right people...

A little story- my buddy got caught with some weed and was arrested. Spent a night in jail and had to pay 1700$ in fines. Part of his punishment was to see a drug "counselor". The counselor recommended this certain doctor for him to go to. The doctor assessed that my buddy was depressed, and gave him a big bottle of xanax with plenty of refills. Now my buddy sits on the couch, droooling on himself, staring at the tv all day long. I see him in this vegetable state think how can that be better than just smoking some weed?
Because everyone involved makes lots of money on him being addicted to this drug now.

Props to NORML, and Ron Paul
aint that some bull they do that with everything ... :wtf: i guess the govt just mad that they cant make money off them, imagine if the government sold bud :bigok:

·
Go grab your bottle today
308 Posts
i think alcohol is worse than but for a couple reasons:
1. ive know people on both sides of the weed vs alcohol and i know for a fact a drunk person will get in a car 10x more often than someone thats high because of the simple fact that the person thats high just wants to sit and chill
2. people that smoke usually dont get agressive in fact its usually the opposite and they become more agreeable
3. jack in the box employees need somebody to cook for at 3 in the morning

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i think alcohol is worse than but for a couple reasons:
1. ive know people on both sides of the weed vs alcohol and i know for a fact a drunk person will get in a car 10x more often than someone thats high because of the simple fact that the person thats high just wants to sit and chill
2. people that smoke usually dont get agressive in fact its usually the opposite and they become more agreeable
3. jack in the box employees need somebody to cook for at 3 in the morning
Honestly though, how many people do you know that make their own alcohol? Zip, unless you're talking about some of the places that let you create your own beer.
Now how many people do you think would grow their own weed if they could? EVERYONE. Its 1000% easier to and hella cheaper than to buy it. That's ultimately the downfall reason marijuana will never be legalized.

As for making it a schedule 1 substance, thank Richard Nixon for that lovely declaration. He needed a diversion from the war to save face, and hippies made great targets. Many municipalities have legislation in place that treat marijuana offenders like traffic tickets (ie they're at the bottom of the list for prosecution).

·
Now-G3Silver-
335 Posts
major attacks on the way of life in the western nations;

bs politics
bs economy
bs legal system
bs war on drugs

the nobles want their shit back, and they're looking at us folks(middleclass). if a system seams too complicated, it is. and it's so the "masses" are intimidated by these topics, and leave it up to those busy screwing us all.

biggeset enemy of the machine is information.
know your world, know your enemy

and ya, ron paul is the only one willing point out the real flaws of the system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.