Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered rims and tires from tires.com and they ship FedEx. I'm checking the website and I notice that on the 20th it says that all 4 boxes were "Delivered" !!!!!!!! I went through the roof!!!! I called FedEx and they said that for "Home Delivery" they don't need a signature upon delivery and they can leave the box(es) at a safe location. There is no safe place where I live nor could he have had access to leave them in a safe place. Is this crazy or what? They also said that the driver may have had the common sense to realize that there was no safe place to leave the boxes and left them on the truck for the next delivery date. The only problem is that I have to wait until tomorrow for 1) The driver to come into work so they can ask him what he did with the boxes and 2) Home Delivery only works tuesday thru saturday. ANYBODY EVER HAVE THIS PROB?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
None of the major carriers need signature for home delivery. UPS always leave packages at my door. Good thing I live in a somewhat safe place. But I think it's up to the sender to indicate wether or not to ask Fedex or UPS for a signature when the item is delivered.

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
UPS leaves a slip that says they came, they will come again at next day and what they time. but Fedex left the product on the front porch my area isnt a bad area so it was ok for that product. but in your situation, they shouldnt leave it anywhere since its a big product. If they left it somewhere, i think that is the stupidest thing ever. GOOD LUCK
-hass

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
They dont leave anything without a signature where I live. they either bring it to my door or leave it upstairs for me. I remember I sent a package to a friend of mines from work and they told me they never got it and when I called fedex they said the driver left it in their porch because they didnt need a signature, I was like what the f#$k. And then they tell me that I would have to let them know if the packages need signatures from now on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After i blasted out the supervisor. About an hour later the goods arrived. Tires.com did right by me!!!! Fast shipping (FREE) no thanks to FedEx!!! The even included 20 wheel locks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.