Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally got around to repainting my coupés scruffy front bumper only to find that both fender liners are pretty stuffed, and I was wondering if the fender liners are interchangeable between the coupé and saloon?

Looking at the part numbers on acurparts.com it would seem that they are the same, 74151SP1000 for the left and 74101SP1000 for the right respectively.

Can anyone confirm this before I hit the wreckers yard?

The reason I ask is because Legend saloons are really common over here whilst I very rarely see another coupé, so reckon some saloon liners would be easier to come by.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure but if the part numbers are the same it's quite possible. Call your local dealer and if they confirm the same parts numbers then the parts are the same.

·
Banned
2,990 Posts
So I've finally got around to repainting my coupés scruffy front bumper only to find that both fender liners are pretty stuffed, and I was wondering if the fender liners are interchangeable between the coupé and saloon?

Looking at the part numbers on acurparts.com it would seem that they are the same, 74151SP1000 for the left and 74101SP1000 for the right respectively.

The reason I ask is because Legend saloons are really common over here whilst I very rarely see another coupé, so reckon some saloon liners would be easier to come by.
In a word, NO!:(
Car Part Wholesale - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - 1992 Acura Legend Splash Shield

I don't like this place because the second two are coupe and first two are sedan, but they sure as hell don't say it anywhere. But, if you look at the front, the coupes have a much longer bottom flat piece in the front than the sedans..............

·
Registered
477 Posts

Sorry to ask you this, but what is a Legend saloon? do you mean sedan?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the shape of the bumpers might be too different.

In the end I managed to track down some new ones that were only slightly more expensive than second hand. I ordered them at lunctime and they were sitting waiting for me on the front step by the time I got home at 4pm :)

FYI

Sedan = Saloon
Station Wagon = Estate or Tourer (if you're a bit posh) or Shooting Brake (if you're the Sultan of Brunei)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.